PDA

View Full Version : Spanish and a wet bum

disorderly
29-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi guys,
I Went for a spin out the front of Farquarson reef off Mission Beach on saturday.Got horribly wet on the way out and it sqalled on and off all morning.Nothing much biting in the deeper water except for one 60cm trout so I moved up onto the edge of Noreaster Reef.Over the course of the next few hours I caught another 3 trout,2 red throats and a grassy.
Floated a live moses perch out and caught a 7.25kg spanish ,the other outfit with a floating pilly went off and I was happy to bring a 21.5kg spanish to the boat.
Except for 1 bite period the bottom fishing was pretty dead,but still managed to score a good feed.

cheers scott

theVan
29-01-2007, 01:01 PM
That ladies and gentlemen is what is known as a 'Horse'!!!

What a ripper!

welldone

Poodroo
29-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Very nice Spaniard. Arm stretching is very over-rated but the results are always very pleasing. :)

Poodroo

Fishing_Freddy
29-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Great looking fish. I bet the arm got a good work out on that big fellow.
Ken;D;D;D

snapperm8
29-01-2007, 08:09 PM
awsome one there mate

cheers dave

Liberty
30-01-2007, 03:13 AM
Awesome fish, that one! Dont complain about the conditions, a few days ago I got stuck in a taxi in a blizzard for 5 hours with my one and three yo kids ... I was fantasizing of being offshore ...

3rd degree
30-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Wicked fish!

Cheers

Jim

disorderly
30-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys,
Any spanish over 15 kg or so gets me excited,just love the rush of sitting back and hearing the drag scream off,even more so when I have to get organised to gaff him by myself.Always a couple of anxious moments as they circle in towards the boat.Love it!
Alright Liberty,
How dare i whinge,soaking wet,cant see outta my glasses, almost collided with a barge towing something on the way out,and had a itchy wet arse all morning.....
hmmm...Get your point though. I hate snow.And my missus grew up in the Bronx,NY.So i do hear ya,sucker.

cheers Scott

major-defect
31-01-2007, 06:45 AM
some mates went out that way on the friday and they did well on the bottom fishing during the day mainly trout but said it was quiet at night.