PDA

View Full Version : Thread work

jan
27-01-2007, 10:08 PM
G'day all,

Just found this site and thought I would post a pic of my latest bream rods that I have done recently. Not the greatest I know but working on getting the packing better.
Jan.

el_carpo
28-01-2007, 07:17 AM
They look good to me! Nice work! :):thumbup:

SIRO
28-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Nice work , you been doing this long ???

Bearclaw
28-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Jan am I guessing right Maderia. Everything is nice and straight, you have more paitence than I doing something like this on a bream rod.
Have you tried Mettler thread.

jan
28-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes Myles the scale wrap is Madeira but I think the optical chevron was done in gudebrod A as I didn't get my black,white and grey madeira until after I had finished this one.
No in the grand scale of things I haven't been doing this long Siro. These are my first attempts at the scales and optical chevron as most of the rods I build are for customers and they don't want to pay the extra for the wraps. Normally just do diamonds or something like that as they only take 15min - 1/2 hr so don't worry about charging them. These wraps took me 6 & 7 hrs so not cost effective when trying to sell a rod.
I usually prefer to spend time doing nice guide wraps or making the grip with different coloured inserts etc as customers notice these more.
Thanks for the kind words.
Jan.

Stuart
28-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Jan

Top work and well done. More and more people are doing these cross wraps, Roz have you been talking to Jan. ;D

Stu