PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Trailer repairs

2iar
27-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi All,

I've got a number of issues with my trailer, the most serious of which is a completely gone bearing (which was "professsionally" serviced last month >:(). I'm really, really lucky to have got home in on piece :-/

Does anyone know of a reputable trailer repairer that works mobile? mine ain't going anywhere until it's fixed.

I'm in The Gap, so northside's probably better, NW better still.

All help greatly appreciated.

Good luck,
Mike

Blackened
27-01-2007, 03:36 PM
G'day Mike

Call pete, Grand_Marlin 0419263264

Dave

FNQCairns
27-01-2007, 04:12 PM
He must have been a grubby bugger that fitter, doubt very much 1 in 1000 bearings would be faulty from new actually it could be 1 in 10000 these days.
A person should never see or experience a new bearing failure - by the odds anyway.

Cheers fnq

2iar
28-01-2007, 10:39 PM
He must have been a grubby bugger that fitter, doubt very much 1 in 1000 bearings would be faulty from new actually it could be 1 in 10000 these days.
A person should never see or experience a new bearing failure - by the odds anyway.

Cheers fnq

To be fair, and in all honesty, the bearings weren't new.

However, when I put the motor in for a service just month ago, I thought I might as well get them looked at as well since it had been almost a year since they'd been inspected. They were pronounced "fine" with nothing required to be done to them.

I suppose I should be thankfull that they failed (and I do mean failed!) on a 40 min run home @ approx 60Km/h instead of the 5 hour trip from Agnes @ 100Km/h with the family on the previous trip I'd done..

It's just I don't feel thankfull at the moment >:(

Good luck,
Mike

2iar
04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
It's just I don't feel thankfull at the moment >:(

Well I do now!

A huge thanks to the Ausfish legend that not only fixed me up, but also patiently stepped me through the whole process. I'll admit it's not that hard after being shown what to do, but I'd have been absolutely lost trying to follow a manual and doing it for the first time. Now though, I'm reasonably confident, and it's a job I'll be taking "in-house".

Thanks again mate, you really are a star.

Good luck,
Mike