PDA

View Full Version : current of moreton 26/1

outsiderskip
27-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Made a late call to fish deep tempest last night
bay was about 10-15 knots, bar was good, the further we got outside the better it came .when we reached deep tempest i turned the sounder on and found huge shows.dropped pick and anchored hooked up passed my mark.we had a huge surge of water behind the motor put on 1lb sinker but could not hold the bottom may as well had a float on.
i decided to try 33 with same result same on 29,s .i then decided to call it quits went throught the bar at 8pm hope by 9.30

pete

Frank OO
27-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Pete,

A long way to go for nothing.

Frank OO

gawby
27-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Thats a bit of bad luck there Pete,

Where we were of the Goldie yesterday i had a ball sinker (no 4) on my overhead and it just went straight to the bottom beside the boat.

There was hardly any movement in the water.

Graeme

armoz
27-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey Pete,
Glad I decided to stay in bed, went out eartly yesterday and got a reasonable feed - Deep Temp -long trip but if the conditions whereanything like Friday then it would have been a nice run.....

Redspeckle
27-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Outsideskip
Was that you on nuggets 4BC radio show this morning giving the report on this
I know whats it like to travel over the bay then head out thorugh the south passage bar then get out there and the current roaring its head off
and it very annoying going all the way for nothing o'well thers next time weather permiting
I generally fish the closer ground's first to see what the current is like or by being at bait ground's (but can be wrong sometime's) what's going to be like out further

I wandering is The Middle channel just up from north of the Rufus King is like still can go thorough it and Amity how deep is it now and workable becuase haven't over south passage for the last couple of months and I reckon when thorough the northern channel + I never cross the bar of a night time yet as said in your report whats it like doing it +any little tricks too it

So any info will be great help and thanks for the report

Mitch:)

-spiro-
27-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Pete here's a fish that i had left over. ;D ;D ;D sorry to here man :'( :'( you might need to follow Frank oo out::) looks like he's the man in the know::) ;D

outsiderskip
28-01-2007, 08:17 AM
hi mitch
all channels through the bar are open i navigate with 2 gps off shore and follow my track back through bar at night
yes i was me talking to nugget

pete

Big_Ren
28-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Next time Pete.......seem to be a few more fish up our way atm.

Cheers
Paul