PDA

View Full Version : Building a Fisher 600 Maxi

nofrills
26-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Howdy all

Col and the boys at Fisher Boats are currently building a 600 maxi series standard cab for a friend of mine,Kim,who lives up near Sarina.Kim has logged onto Ausfish so he can get on the net every couple of days and see how his new rig is progressing.
Since Fisher has now moved to the industrial estate on the highway at Caboolture which is not far from my house and im always in there trying to teach Col how to be a gun fisherman like me:-X .I thought i might make myself useful and take some pics.
Kim came down for a visit last week and went over the finer fitting details with Col to ensure the end product is exactly what he wants.Kim is no newcomer to plate boats having owned a 5.8 AMM which has been sold to make way for the fisher.Kim said the quality of workmanship and the huge bouyancy chambers were major factors in his decision to go with Fisher.
I will start the pics from the point of hull finished and floor in place as the work under the deck is something others would love to copy.

this is the workshop floor with kims new boat in the foreground.

cheers scotty

FNQCairns
26-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks like an industry in there, nice to see.

Just a couple of things where are the industrial fans that can be pointed away if needed;) , and what are those aluminium plates doing leaning up against that hull! (need a bignose smiley)

cheers fnq

Greg P
26-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Looking forward to watching this post going along through the build process Scotty

:P:P:P:P

camsharkman
28-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Looks like something interesting under construction in the far corner.

fishscale
28-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Ha nofrills
Are you talking about boat in the far corner.
I'll take anyone of them finished of course....
fnq what do you mean by the plate up against the hull?
do you mean it may mark the hull or what is it for.

nofrills
30-01-2007, 05:50 PM
the deck was being finished off today.
the cavities are for a tiolet,if desired,and a foot well up front.
the fuel cell in the center .and a nice size kill tank down the back.
the pic is a bit dark but you can see the water ballast tubes in the rear.

fishscale
04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
ha nofrills
what size motor will be pushing the maxi along.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
ha nofrills
what size motor will be pushing the maxi along.

:sick2: ;D

nofrills
04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
hey fishscale

im pretty sure it will be a 175 suzuki

cheers scotty

fishscale
06-02-2007, 12:50 AM
ha nofrills
thanks are you going to post pics as it is going threw its different stages
cheers ash

Greg P
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Any updates Scotty ? :P

ATM I like seeing them roll out quickly ::)8-)8-)8-)

nofrills
08-02-2007, 08:45 PM
sorry greg,wind dropped and i got side tracked;)

brrbear
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
is a berley tube being inserted through the hull?
If so check for smooth finish not to interfer with dirty water around transducer.

Matt_F
09-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Mate,
That's a balast tube. It aids in stability at rest.

No Tiller
09-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Gees FNQ Thems fighting words. Have you been to see Col & see what he has acheived listening to fisher people. And what he might be able to do for you?

brrbear
09-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Mate,
That's a balast tube. It aids in stability at rest.

Snelly1971, Give Col a call, he will be more than happy to give you a quote.

check with col mate he does berley tubes!!!They run vertical through the hull not horizontal like a ballast.
Think about it how would a ballast interfer with a transducer unless it was mounted in the center of the boat derr!!

FNQCairns
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah Tiller they are great boats, no not in any way downing fisher boats, there is not a boat out there in true plate with the features of the fishers that will do what I ask, hense the reason I own a pressed boat. It's just physics.

cheers fnq

Greg P
09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Col and the Fisher team excel in customer service. You wont find a better guy to deal with. Ive had a million questions over the last year and a half and always received prompt replies on all occasions - maybe an email issue on you're side Snelly ? If you were that serious you would have called but instead you take a cheap shot in a forum - go figure ::)

Can we get this thread back on topic please and will a mod delete some of this off-topic dribble ?

Black_Rat
09-02-2007, 07:33 PM
OK ;D

It's got me buggerd in nofrills third pic what is the hatch near the stern is for ?

I can see the kill tank but don't know what the last hatch is for ??

No Tiller
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
FNQ. Have you asked Col if he can do what you ask in plate.

nofrills
10-02-2007, 06:22 AM
hey damo

it does look a bit odd hey.Id say its not attached yet just a piece of plate leaning over the end of the kill tank.

bear

wont be any berley tubes on this one.i think berley would bring in too many sharks up where this boat will live.

fnq

has your doctor checked your medication lately :D

cheers scotty

JB
10-02-2007, 06:57 PM
fnq

has your doctor checked your medication lately :D

cheers scotty
-----------------------

Good call there Scotty ;) , FNQ you are a deadset knob.

Scotty:

Boat looking the goods mate, very keen to see how the end product looks and is fitted out. :)

Snelly: give up computers mate, your too stupid to work them and we dont wanna read your dribble any more. ::)

INTIMIDATOR
10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
QUOTE FROM FNQ
I would own one of your boats in a shot for what it is worth, that is if you could make a proper deep V 6.5 plate boat that needed only a basic single 3cyl engine that could push it at 60km/h and a bit.

Pushing physics a bit far for that possibility yet.

Try not to lose sight of what your customer or potential customers were to you at around the 10th fisher ever sold.

Yep I have a big nose in real life also :)

FNQ Please excuse my ignorance but i'm a little unsure what your point is.
You seem to go on about Pushing physics but the fact is , if you want a Proper DEEP V 6.5 plate as quoted by you that will blar/blar/blar.
It's just not going 2 happen in something with 23 degree deadrise.
I'f your such a professor go build one yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the mean time one would suggest be happy with your pie dish with whatever horse power or solar power you choose.
At least you will be doing you thing for the enviroment!

Just a quick not too Smelly (Who has straingly gone quiet on us)
One would asume that had yours & a couple of people that you know (Apparently) emails been answered too , that you would all be proud owners of a Fisher boat.
I think not!
Once again (Yep you 2 big nose)be happy with the boat you selected at the time of purchase and stop giving the YEA I WOULD OF BOUGHT ONE BUT (B.S) reasons that you didn't , if your not happy with the boat you have then do someting about it!
Don't blame others for your mistakes, life's far 2 short.
Payney:o

kim raynham
11-02-2007, 08:22 AM
sorry greg,wind dropped and i got side tracked;)
Hi Scotty, Thanks for the pics all is looking good so far. Hey about the motor, I have decided to go with a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke ;D Kim

nofrills
11-02-2007, 09:15 AM
she will start looking the part soon Kym;)

this is the 660 maxi you were looking at when you came down.i was at spinnaker the other day when col turned up with the owner to give it a test run.its going to live up at harvey bay.I fished out wide of maloolabah in one of these with col and matt [the owner] last wednesday and it was just awsome.

except Col caught all the fish :'(

cheers scotty

nofrills
11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
try again.

Col_s
13-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Scotty has gone crabbing and asked me to post a couple of pic's for Kim.

Cheers Col

Lifes too short :o

bluefin59
13-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Just a question for col at fisher i love the boats you build i live in brissy i was wondering are they all made on spec or do you have a yard with the finished article and if you want one how long does it take from the day you order i would like something 5.5 to6mt same sort of thing as you are building mate......8-) 8-)

kim raynham
15-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks Col the boat appears to be coming along great. How did the crabbing go Scotty? Kim.

nofrills
21-02-2007, 08:37 AM
hey kim

sorry ive been a bit slack.holidays 8-) .the crabbing was a bit quiet but we managed a few nice ones.

the boats looking great,the cabs on and the side decks are nice and wide around it.the side pockets are in.as well as the bait tank and bait board.

cheers scotty

nofrills
21-02-2007, 08:42 AM
im having problems posting the pics ill have to send a message to mr ausfish

nofrills
21-02-2007, 11:37 AM
try again.................

nofrills
21-02-2007, 11:41 AM
more.................................

Heath
21-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Whats that thing that looks like a letter box? Is it a garbage bin?

Greg P
21-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Scotty - you've got some big crabs there - get it seen too ::);D

Heath - there for putting lures in when you clear the lines. No hooks on deck is best practice ;D8-)

kim raynham
22-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi Scotty,hay thanks for the pics. When you had not put any in for a week, I though one of those big spanish mackeral might have got the better of you.
Nice crab.
Many thanks
Kim

Col_s
22-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Whats that thing that looks like a letter box? Is it a garbage bin?

Geeze Heath we won't be sending you to post the mail or put the rubbish out ;D ;D

It's for whatever you want to use it for and it offers a bit of support for the sides.

Cheers Col

Heath
23-02-2007, 03:47 PM
mate, I'll post anything you want, if it means getting out on the water :)
top idea!

nofrills
28-02-2007, 09:41 PM
hey kim

you have a roof.now its lookin the part.ill get more pics tommorow,

cheers scotty

fishscale
01-03-2007, 12:50 AM
ha scotty
quad powered motors they should be cheap to run but hard to keep happy or do you just hang the lollies in front for full throtle.....
ash

MADKEEN
01-03-2007, 11:59 AM
ash

I think i'd rather pay the fuel bill than the food bill when they get to their teens.

Col_s
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Ash,
Scotty doesn't feed them much....poor little buggers ,they often come around for a feed;D ;D

Kim .....There's a pic attached......You did want it Shaded with that name didn't you ?:o

Cheers col

Fish Guts
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
this looks like a sturdy boat !! love the paint work above there. nice work

kim raynham
02-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey Col,that boat looks brilliant,I hope mine comes up as nice as that one.

scubakempo
03-03-2007, 06:53 AM
nice rig mate

nofrills
04-03-2007, 06:43 AM
she's ready to head off to the painters.

gees kym,would'nt desley let you have a few extra bucks for a new trailer :'(

she's a hard woman ;D

name withheld 8-)

kim raynham
04-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Hey Scotty, after that comment she reckons the 175hp. has gone & being replaced by a Scotty with oars, hope you have been eating your weeties.:D
She will be on a new trailer, the boat that is;)
Thanks for the pics, she's comming up real nice so far , I hope it comes up as nice as "Good As Gold II" .:P

fishscale
05-03-2007, 06:58 PM
ha kim
does that me you want good as gold III
ASH

kim raynham
08-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi ASH, As Good As Gold II is a brillant looking boat, but I guess if copied it I wouldn't have my boat I would have a copy if that makes sence.
My boat will be white with black,light grey & silver decals the same as my last boat, & the name will be ''As Good As It Gets " thanks for taking an interest in the project.

Greg P
23-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Scotty - any updates ?

Col_s
23-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Scotty's camera broke :'( so he asked me to upload some pics.
Some are when it arrived back from the painters and others fit out shots.
All that's left is the engine and a tidy up so it will be completed Monday.

Cheers Col

PS The owner named it but we agree totally ;D ;D

chuss
23-03-2007, 07:22 PM
oh... that's beautiful.

Is that cabin bigger than usual?

whats the distance from the back of the seats to the start of the transom?

nofrills
26-03-2007, 06:58 AM
thanks col

hasnt it turned out nice,

kim
ive got my gear ready if desley could just make up the spare room.''OH''and we'll need some rum.

see you soon ::)
scotty;D

kim raynham
26-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi scotty,
From what I can see on the pics I am extremley happy with how well it has come up at this stage:P
I should be down there on Thursday or Friday to pick it up.:D
As far as the spare room goes, there is always one here as you know. There is always a beer in the fridge but you would be lucky to find a rum;)
Col has assured me that every time I put this boat in the water, fish will jump into it without even putting a bait into the water & at the quality of my fishing skills I hope he is wright.;D
Kim

kim raynham
26-03-2007, 07:24 PM
oh... that's beautiful.

Is that cabin bigger than usual?

whats the distance from the back of the seats to the start of the transom?
I was hoping Col would answer this one, as far as I know it is standard 600 cabin with a 660 hardtop & the distance from the seats back I will measure when I get the boat & let you know if Col does not let you know beforehand.

goldie 70
26-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Top Stuff
Counting down the days

withoutatrace
26-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Kim,

I know you will be extremely happy with the boat when you get it.
I was up at Fisher Boats last week and saw your boat and it was certainly very impressive. It's certainly a credit to the guys that work for Col.

Col is building me a 680 centre cab and it has just gone to the painters today, so I will have to be patient a little longer before I get it in the water.

By the way I thought it was only going to be my Fisher boat that the fish would jump into as soon as it hits the water.

Anyway good luck with the new machine.

Greg P
26-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Looks great Kim. The white came up a treat and a bit of blood over the sides will top it off.

Withoutatrace - I had a look at yours a few weeks ago while being built - looks awesome :P

I don't know whats going on here but Col told me mine will be getting the one and only fish attracting system so you guys will have to learn a few tricks ::) Birdy got the prototype but it had a few bugs and only worked on dolphins :-X:-X;D;D;D

Goldie - are you Gold Can on the NT forum ?

Cheers

Greg (hangin out)

Col_s
27-03-2007, 08:53 AM
I was hoping Col would answer this one, as far as I know it is standard 600 cabin with a 660 hardtop & the distance from the seats back I will measure when I get the boat & let you know if Col does not let you know beforehand.

Kim, Chuss,

It's a standard 600 maxi cabin ........bunks are 2050 long from the anchor locker bulkhead

Back deck is 2500 long from the dash to the inner transom

It's about 1600 from the back of the seats to the inner transom

Dry weight is 1750kgs with the 175 Suzi

Kim it's going down to get wet today so I'll get some on water pics for you.

Cheers Col

goldie 70
27-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes Greg I am Gold Can on the NT Forum.
Col is doing me a 580 Maxi as we speak CANT WAIT ROLL ON APRIL 20.

rat_catcher
01-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Saw this baby going north through Rockhampton on Friday at about 12:45pm. Nice looking rig!

Col_s
03-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Here's a couple pics of the boat on it's trailer and on the water.
It's now living up near Mackay.
Top speed was around 39 kts with cruising speed around the 22kts at 4,000 rpm's.
Let's hope Kim gets out and bloods it shortly!

Cheers Col

goldie 70
03-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Good stuff

WOOPI
04-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Col,
Thats another one for Mackay, you are starting a small club of Fisher's up this way, Good on you Col.
Your boats are still the best, just ask someone who owns one.

Hope to catch up with Kim out on the water sometime

cheers
Woopi