PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day

fish_a_holic
25-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know what you will all be doing tomorrow on Australia Day.

I'll be fishing in the morning then hopefully eating some fresh fish on the bbq washed down with a coldie or two or three.

SCOTTYGC
25-01-2007, 11:58 AM
doing a charter with some mates

the boat " FAT HOOKER" leaving runaway marina at 6am

few beer and hopefully a few fish

cheers
scotty

krazyfisher
25-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Fishing smith group of islands on friday and sunday maybe sat too

1rabbit
25-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Good chance to do a bit of promo work..........

Ballina RSL will be holding a kids catch & release fishing competition for our Australia day holiday,
the competition will be run by members of the Ballina RSL Fishing club. The place to register & weigh in your live fish will be at the western end of the RSL verandah (outside the gate, in the carpark) where we will have an enclosure set up.

All kids are welcome for what should be a good day.

As far as I know there will be a prize for each child who enters ( that's how it was last year ) & special prizes for the best of species.

Even if you dont have kids, there will be several Ausfish members in attendance, so why not have a look in & introduce yourselves.

Hope to see you there,

Muzz

Red_Nut
25-01-2007, 03:20 PM
The plan in Zilzie - Fishing early in the morning (hopefully a repeat of the glassed out conditions this morning when I was on the way to work), home by lunch, eating the catch, head to Yeppoon for Aussie Day markets and festivities, finish off with beers and a pie and chips for tea whilst watching the fireworks.

Gotta love it.

Roo
25-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Yep, Early fish and then home by 10am for the JJJ hottest 100 countdown on the radio:D . will have a heap of family( inlaws)over trying to eat all my food and drink all my beer, so i'll try to catch a fish or two to get me through:o :o

cheers, roo.

P.s. My mother in law will most likely drink me (and all the other Bro' inlaws) under the table by days end:beer: . then do it all again on saturday:drunk: . then do it all again sunday:sick2:

swano
25-01-2007, 04:39 PM
had my stab at a fish 2day and ended up landing 7 flatties (kept one) and a bit over a kilo of prawns(mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) off to the kilcoy races 2morra on a bus trip with some mates , then maybe some more prawns sat/sun

hope every one has a great day whateva their doin
cheers swano

GAD
25-01-2007, 05:13 PM
What a better way to spend and celerbrate Australia day , than fishing in the morning ,watch the sun come up over the water, then home to get a feed and some zzzz's in the aircon, get up and watch the cricket , then get up for Saturday and maybe if I get up and have the energy and no hangover I might go out to see the Triathelon [ ski over to fitzroy Island , swim to shore ,run up that big hill around the light house and back down to ski home , they must be mad ] then again a good sleep in on SAt might win?

Greg

gone_fishing
25-01-2007, 05:24 PM
fishing in the morning still land basesd at the moment
bbq'ing with friends and family at lunch watching the cricket and drinking a little to alot to much

jtpython
25-01-2007, 07:00 PM
;D fishing tommorrow fishing with wife on saturday then sleeping alday sunday. Somewhere in between that drinking;D

manchild
25-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Celebrate with good food,good friends ,cold beer and backyard cricket:)
George

Luc
25-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Early morning launch, fish and watch the sun come up while drifting out from of Redcliffe.

Then home for a day out with the missus.

Luc

snipe
25-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Am stuck in sydney, no fishing options

so

Plan of action

* rise, clear head
* head off to fish markets to buy a hideous amount of seafood
* detour to supercheap auto to buy an official couch seat belt
* buy beer
* studiously pack beers into an icy cold esky
* place esky beside couch, strategic manouvre
* put cricket on
* hide remote so ch 9 cant be changed
* use seat belt from supercheap to strap myself in to couch
* eat seafood
* go through motions
* pass out
* paste myself to carpet
* get kicked by missus
* wake up
* in garage
* crawl to bed

Saturday - repeat process

Sunday - repeat process

Monday - official day of rest

snasman
25-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Lucky Buggers I'm working

aussiefool
26-01-2007, 02:09 AM
The time is now 3.09 am and the boat is packed just waiting for the crew to arrive, Then off to Palmy

major-defect
26-01-2007, 04:51 AM
I'm off to Tinaroo dam for the weekend mmmmm i can taste those redclaw now.

FNQCairns
26-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Shamefully I am staying at home all weekend while looking after my 2.5 yo daughter while and get this!...My wife is spending the entire weekend at a fishing hut at a river near Cairns with her two best girlfriends!! Australia Day just aint the retrosexual funbag it used to be!
I should be the one at the hut with her girlfirends;) ;D

On the + side Katie did poo-ies today.:)

cheers fnq

krazyfisher
26-01-2007, 05:45 PM
FNQ very happy for you with the poo-ies I myself did go for a fish not even 5 knots. and should be the same sat, sun and mon. got some nice macks and tuna spinning and some coral trout for tea.

jtpython
26-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Back from fishing spanish and reefies but goddam am i burn't. Beautiful day on water have to turn around and do it all tommorrow, taking wife out fishing be good chat ya's tommorrow

FNQCairns
26-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Krazy, I don't even want to know!:)

BilgeBoy
26-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Took the Kids out for run today and hooked into a good patch of new ground...came home with a peed of Moses Perch. YUM!!!

Love being an Aussie!!

1rabbit
26-01-2007, 09:00 PM
A little bit of follow-up info ..........

Ballina Rsl held it's second annual Kid's only catch & release fishing competition today,run by the RSL fishing club, with a great result.

A record 186 kids fished in the comp with 37 legal fish being weighed in,

The big fish for the day was an excellent 800gm bream caught by an 8yr old girl, second biggest was a 700gm flathead.

All thanks to Ballina RSL for hosting the event, & to the hosting company, Shimano.

Muzz

Synful
26-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Hmm, Spent the day with my little boy and generally had a boys day with him :) while the girls did their thing.

Didn't go fishing today - thought there'd be too many morons on the water or throwing over my line for LB fishing - doing an early one in the morning circa 4:30am through 9:00am before all the "twice a year anglers" come out ;).

Currently enjoying a nice cold Bundy and coke before crashing for my early start in the morning - here fishy, fishy, fishy.... :devilish:

Cammy
26-01-2007, 10:42 PM
fishers i had to clean :( no parties at all for me, but goin night fishin on sat :) lol

cam;)

CQHORNET
27-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Fencing, bloody fencing. Just another day really.

DNO

Feral
27-01-2007, 09:54 AM
A little bit of follow-up info ..........

Ballina Rsl held it's second annual Kid's only catch & release fishing competition today,run by the RSL fishing club, with a great result.

Great stuff,
I took my three kids to a similar day - the Lions club up here did a kids fishing comp at lake Kurwongbah, all the kids got some really good prizes, apparently over 1000 Tilapia went into the wheelie bins, 175 kids there, a great time was held by all. Thank you Petrie Lions club!

Will be lining up for another go next year for sure.

Barraless
27-01-2007, 10:07 AM
My not so long enough weekend has consisted of to date. Thursday arvo after work two hour drive to Mackay for a late tour of BCF and Supacheap. Saturday cleaning and fixing car before heading over to a mates for a poker night, where I drowned the sorrow of losing every game with some scotch over a game of pool. Saturday is the day of reckoning (well I hope) I am headig out to Tereesa Creek Dam to hopefully catch that elusive first barra. Sunday I am fishing at a so called secret spot that a local has told me about that is plentiful with barra (will see). Sunday night will hopefully involve a feed of fish hopefully caught, but if not bought.