PDA

View Full Version : Boat Painting Information

SIWA
24-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a good reliable boat painter in the north Brisbane area? I have a 4.75 topender I want to get re-sprayed. Does not necessarily have to be the cheapest but does need to do a good job. Also, has anyone been down the same track recently and has a ball park figure on what it might cost? It has an outbaord and a few extras attached so I guess there will be some cost in having these removed during the painting process?? Any information would be much appreciated. Cheers

Stuart
24-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Siwa

I have sprayed many boats over the years and I can say you wont get any change out of $1500 - 2000 for a very good job. An average job will set you back $1000 - 1500. An awesome job, well the sky is the limit mate. I hoping to do a fair bit of air brush work on my new alloy boat, I know its wank factor but I dont care, will look sick after the clear top coat is applied.

Stu

Alchemy
24-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Siwa,

Give Alan Hall at Northside Boat Refinishers a call (0738880266). He paints all the Fisher Boats, and does a great job.

Regards,
Dave.

SIWA
24-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks Dave. I will be sure to give Alan Hall a call and see if I can organize a quote. Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.
Siwa

SIWA
24-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Cheers Stuart. Thanks for the ball park figure. At least I know what I am up for when I take the boat to get a quote. No problems with having a good looking boat..... all part of the fun isn’t? Make sure you post some pictures when your boat is finished. I would be interested in seeing how it looks.