PDA

View Full Version : Up the creek with a paddle

Bigger-Benny
22-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Recently bought a 14 ft tinnie with a 25 hp jono on it from a dealer on the central coast in NSW.I then drove an hour to the mother in laws place up the coast and went right over it properly.We gave it a good run for 25 mins on the hose and was happy.So me and the brother in law decided to chase some jewies under the hexham bridge just on sunset.Put the boat in and all was good for about 50 yards then a terrible grinding,rattle and she stopped.As the tide was running in we decided to wait and go with the tide to save on rowing.Well 6 1/2 hrs later we where paddeling against the current on our 2 km return to the ramp.Being pretty unhappy i called the dealer and as he said sold as is the day before i thought i was in the s*%t here.To my suprise the guys attempted to fix it there but no good.As i was talking to them and no mention of money had been made the boss pulls the cash out of his pocket and says heres your money.I Said i came to buy a boat and i want a boat.Ended up walking out with a 4.2 mtr Quintrex with a 96 40hp yammie for the same price as the other one.I am 1 happy little fisherman.:D

Blackened
22-01-2007, 06:42 PM
G'day
Is that a good service story I read??

Well done, glad to see you have it all sorted. May be worth naming the dealer and giving them a thumbs up (Y)

Dave

finga
22-01-2007, 06:54 PM
;D you beauty eh
Definitely can't beat that service.
Some of the 'other' types of dealers should take some lessons from this dealer.
Yep, name him just as a thanks very much to him :)
Hopefully, he'll be one of the few dealers that last forever
Cheers and thanks for sharing
Scott :)

candogu
22-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Can't bitch about that,,,, good to see they looked after you,, at a guess at there cost:o .. Don't see that to often;D

Bigger-Benny
22-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Is it ok to name them on here as i don't want to upset any one as i have just started gettin into this forum and like it cheers Ben.

2DKnBJ
22-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't think you will be upsetting anyone with a story like that.People are quick to bag someone who has done the wrong thing but are a bit slow to aknowlege a good job.
If you are worried contact the dealer and ask him if it is ok to put his name up.

Cheers Dazza

FNQCairns
22-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Now come on! there is always 3 sides to every story!!:) Certainly name the dealer he deserves it.

cheers fnq

murf
22-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Now come on! there is always 3 sides to every story!!:) Certainly name the dealer he deserves it.

cheers fnq

onya fnq :D I can't wait to hear the dealers side and the truth :)

Bigger-Benny

what can I say but top stuff, you must have been happy at the end of that day. Good luck to you and the dealer

Cheers Murf

Bigger-Benny
23-01-2007, 04:50 AM
The business is called insinc marine.They are on manns road gosford.The salesmans name was wayne smart and a top bloke unsure of the bosses name but bend over backwards to help.Mainly watersports but a bit of fishin gear aswell.I was really really happy with them in every way possible.