PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin 6m

boney-leg
22-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Howdy guys - am looking at getting a longboat and have read stuff in the achives about Stingers, Hookers, Southern Stars and Wahoo's but would like to hear from some people who have a Goodwin. Just the usual stuff - how well they go, what you've got on the back and how long you've had it.

Any info much appreciated :D

scorpionNQ
23-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Boney,
A mate bought a goodwin just before christmas. I have been out in it in a 2m chop, and provided it is trimmed correctly, the ride is good. Fishing space is just exellent. Any of the boats you have named are reliable brands. We have done the research, and I would buy any of them. However, my personal choice would be a UB 580 platnum, and when I sell my cruise craft, that's what I will probably end up with. It will depend on your personal needs, and what sort of a deal you can do. Fuel tank size is important( to me) The Goodwin has timber transom and stringers, the Hooker is faster in the ruff stuff, the UB has more dealers( easier to get) There was a thred here a few months back if you want to find it on ' UB or Hooker'
Wild boats in Brisbane also have a 6m longboat, a member here 'Randel' I think has one, and he may help you with some info.

Cheers
Lee

boney-leg
29-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for that Lee - what did he have on the back of it? Was it the 70 Suzuki 4st and if so how well did it do the job?

scorpionNQ
30-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Boney, yes, it runs a 70 Suzuki 4st, top speed would be about 35kms/h. He mainly fishes inshore, so the 70 is spot on. The recomended max is 90, which I would prefere as I like to fish out wide.
Cheers

devocean
30-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Check out the swift range of baots awesome

boney-leg
30-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for that guys - I was thinking I might need to go the 90.

Hey Devocean - didn't I read somewhere that you were pushing Hookers as the best boat??

devocean
31-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah still love em but the swifts are just as good