PDA

View Full Version : Tunaman attacked

tunaman
22-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Two nights ago, I was fishing for bream and the water was like a bath. Enjoying the cool night air and the sounds of silence, and standing in knee deep of water, when something came out of the deep and rapped its self around my calf muscle. Ather jumpping around and smashing the water with my fishing rod, I found it was a sqid. And you,d think it would of got the message and swam away, but no, it came back for another bite. Iam glad it wasnt a blue-ring.

signed tunaman

DaMaGe
22-01-2007, 03:20 PM
-shudder-
Squid should have had better taste.

ak73
22-01-2007, 03:22 PM
that would of scared the #$%@^#$%@^#$%@^#$%@^ out of me for a moment or two.

tunaman
22-01-2007, 03:31 PM
DE AM GE. It had a good tasted the first time, then came back for more.

signed tunaman

Marlin_Mike
22-01-2007, 03:34 PM
LMFAO @ Tunaman.........:)

Wahoo
22-01-2007, 03:53 PM
LOL, tunaman that is a pisser, i love it

Daz

tunaman
22-01-2007, 03:57 PM
AK 73. I nearly jumped clear out of the water.

signed tunaman

choppa
22-01-2007, 03:59 PM
a show on sbs yesterday had the same thing happen to the presenter,, he was handfeeding an occy when it gave him a friendly and looooooong cuddle around his diving mask and then,, after you would think he had enough,, later in the show he was handfeeding giant squid,,,,,,,marvellous to see what size bite these things take out of a whole mackeral,,,,especially when your hand is only an inch away

seajay535
22-01-2007, 04:09 PM
reckon i would have come close to needing new jocks if all nice and peaceful and that happened:o

finga
22-01-2007, 04:13 PM
just lucky you were fishing in knee deep water and weren't having a nudy swim :-[

tunaman
22-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Mate! my undies bearly held it in. It does give you a scare and a half.

signed tunaman

mitch92
22-01-2007, 04:39 PM
i would have been out of the water bashing my leg with something hard in a matter of about a second

kingtin
22-01-2007, 04:40 PM
GOTCHA!;D Come on mate, own up............you went in for a pee. I read somewhere that cephalopods are attracted to urine;D Think yourself lucky you weren't in the Amazon............they've got a nasty fish in there that swims up your urine trail and lodges itself in your plonker:o

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/amazon/namethefish.shtml

kev

Black_Jack
22-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Thats unreel. Someone should start a thread sea animals that have attacked me.

geoff

Freeeedom
22-01-2007, 04:42 PM
What did it taste like - with a bit of tempura batter and a few chips? I hope you had the last bite!
Cheers Freeedom

thehoodedwarriors
22-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Tunaman

Hope you are all right! wheres the photos of the culprit or the war wounds!

Kendall249
22-01-2007, 04:48 PM
poor squid!!;D

tunaman
22-01-2007, 05:48 PM
THW. I didnt have a camera, but some people sore what happened, and the way I was jumping around the place, I reckon they thought I was having a fit or trying to walk on water.

KIngtin I felt the pain as I read what you wrote.

signed tunaman

thehoodedwarriors
22-01-2007, 05:54 PM
THW. I didnt have a camera, but some people sore what happened, and the way I was jumping around the place, I reckon they thought I was having a fit or trying to walk on water.

KIngtin I felt the pain as I read what you wrote.

signed tunaman

Very good beer and brag story!

THW:P

tunaman
22-01-2007, 06:04 PM
The moral of the story is! Beware of attack sqid.

signed tunaman

Kiktz
22-01-2007, 06:15 PM
What are you doing this week end Tunaman..........

Wanna come for a fish, feel like a good feed of Squid.

Aj

gunnabuild1
22-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Tunaman always topping your last post aren't you!!!still laughing.

PinHead
22-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I can only imagine the terror...of the leg being grabbed and wondering what the hell it is..of the thoughts rapidly going through the mind of all things of peril and danger..of thoughts of injury, illness and , dare I say it, death...just innocently doing what you want to do and then this happens and your thoughts turn to all things horrid...and I wonder what you were thinking also tunaman.

Owen
22-01-2007, 06:46 PM
ROFL
I'd pay money to see that

cheers,
Owen

major-defect
22-01-2007, 06:59 PM
As if we don't have enough to contend with here while fishing ,crocs,sharks stingers,rays etc now we've got to look out for squid.

2DKnBJ
22-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Think of the money you can now save on squid jigs....

Cheers Dazza

sandbankmagnet
22-01-2007, 07:36 PM
exactly Freeeedom.

Where was this? Did you have any bait on your leg? Did you wiggle around beforehand? Do you have to shave down for it? I need to know about this new squid catching technique!

Maybe you were lucky it wasn't waist deep water hey?

skippa
22-01-2007, 08:35 PM
just lucky you were fishing in knee deep water and weren't having a nudy swim :-[

ROFLMAO ... ;D
But that's a mental picture I didn't need ...yuck .. :-/ ;D

Daz, I reckon I'd want a bigger squid jig but ... ;D

dogsbody
22-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I wonder if the squid said "hey he tastes like tuna" and then proceeded to have another crack.

Dave.

Lucky_Phill
22-01-2007, 09:04 PM
::) :sleeping: :sleeping: :freak:

sarg
22-01-2007, 09:31 PM
If you had of got it on video you would win funniset home videos for sure. The image is funny enough.

FNQCairns
22-01-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL that's a funny story wish I had seen it, suspect it may be mating season, although a word of caution I wouldn't consider leaving you wife because of such a brief encouter. :)

cheers fnq

Brett1907
22-01-2007, 09:49 PM
LMAO!!!

Maybe he heard you are a dirty stopout from that tailor last year.

Didn't know fish kiss and tell!!!LOL

Brett

sarg
22-01-2007, 09:54 PM
If you had it on video you would be a shoe in for funniest home videos. The mental image alone is funny enough though:) .

Andrew

roz
22-01-2007, 10:14 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

tunaman
22-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks everyone, and yes, you too rozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz woops, sorry, that last post was boring. But to all the rest of your replys were tops.
Still having a good laugh while I wright this.
Good to see aussie still have a good sence of humor.

P\S won the ashes A! Heeee

signed tunaman;D ;D ;D

aussiefool
23-01-2007, 02:40 AM
C'mom Tunaman, fess up you were trying to kiss it when it latched on. mmmm,?????

griz066
23-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Holy crap that video would have won a prize on Funny Home Videos

tunaman
23-01-2007, 01:38 PM
;D Aussiefool. I think I might know what the problem was. I used a hormonal scent spray and maybe i got some on my leg. Maybe it was just being friendly. Its eyes might of been dialated and maybe it had something else on its mind.;D

signed tunaman

el_carpo
23-01-2007, 11:38 PM
You sure do have some strange encounters out there man! ;D Ya think it's bad luck or is someone up there gunnin' for you?

Dirtysanchez
24-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Come on mate, even squid need some lovin from time to time, it wasn't humming a Barry White song at the time was it ?

I can see the new ad now on the TV.. John West, buy the squid that Tunaman rejects !

Nic
24-01-2007, 12:37 PM
It seems many cephalopods are bold creatures, nothing seems to faze them. A mate of mine once caught an octopus during a tournament and, for fun, thought he'd put it in the big tank at the weigh-in area. He said it calmly went about disguising itself with bits of coral and then, when it was happy with its camouflage, it snatched a passing bream and started scoffing it. My mate hastily took the occy out of the tank and put it back in the sea. It clutched its bream the whole time, and when it was back in the water it started munching on it again. Don't think I'd want that thing wrapped around my calf!

tunaman
24-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I have heard that bodies that have been floating around for a while in the sea, have had bite marks dew too squid feeding on them.
Iam quite sure it was looking for a tuna sandwich.;D

El-carpo. I dont think god is watching me, more like the anti christ.;D
D\s it was doing whats come natural to it. I think.;D

signed tunaman

tunaman
25-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Seriously people, I can only guess how many of you have had something crall over you in the night, and all I can say is, that I nearly turned white with fear. I,ll think twice about standing in the water again.

signed tunaman

Mrs Ronnie H
25-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Tunaman

Just read your post.
LMAO.
Bet you scrambled out of the water reel quick.
Ronnie

maxwellson
27-01-2007, 07:07 PM
:D:D:D:Dsorry tunaman but all i can do is laugh...:D:D:D:D....

ripper story....glad you wer'nt hurt in any way mate.....LMAO

Maxi

Pistol_P
27-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Two nights ago, I was fishing for bream and the water was like a bath. Enjoying the cool night air and the sounds of silence, and standing in knee deep of water, when something came out of the deep and rapped its self around my calf muscle. Ather jumpping around and smashing the water with my fishing rod, I found it was a sqid. And you,d think it would of got the message and swam away, but no, it came back for another bite. Iam glad it wasnt a blue-ring.

signed tunaman

Mate if only you had that broomstick with ya squid jig on the end of it....;) ...;D ;D ;D

Great White
28-01-2007, 12:52 PM
tunaman's revenge should have had it out of the water and crumbed with chips for dinner that night ;D ;D ;D

tunaman
28-01-2007, 03:56 PM
LMAO. Next time I,ll be ready for the little bugger.

signed tunaman

Dirtysanchez
29-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Next time you go fishing better pack a frypan & a gas burner in case your cephla-boyfriend comes back :)

tunaman
29-01-2007, 12:49 PM
OOOOOOW, Keep it down, ya wombat, I just broke up with a cuttlefish.LOL . Mate nice picture of you there, but I think you need a dentist.;D ;D ;D :P

signed tunaman8-)

Dirtysanchez
29-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you think so ? I think they are very nice, and quite functional at the bottom of the sea, certainly helps levering the abalone off for my dinner ;)

BLOOEY
29-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Tunaman i think i just had one of those moments i was sitting here reading your thread when something struck me in the back of the head and lots of noise jumped up to see my cat had brought in a bird and let it go just behind me.Anyone need some crab bait.

tunaman
29-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Blooey. Mate! at least your cat moves. Mine just lays there all day. its lucky if it gets up at all. But it did move this morning, only coz it had to take a crap.

signed tunaman;D ;D ;D

tunaman
29-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Dirtysandweg. Mate! what can i say, she,s a good looken bloke.
All the best with your dinner.

signed tunaman;D ;D ;D

moondancer
30-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Well done tunaman!!! I needed a laugh today!!! Revenge of the killer calamari!! Hitchock would be proud!!!!

Lawry

ffejsmada
30-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Tunaman, Are you sure you weren't groin deep in water with your squid jig floppin around? hehe.
Would of loved to have seen you dance!!!

Obi _ Wan
30-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Bloody Hell!!!!!! Just what go you say???? Tunaman, are you OK? you appear to have many more drama's than most. I have been watching this post for a few days now, wondering where it was going to end up, thought at one stage it was heading for the test board, but you are still here!
After being monstered by a Tailor now a squid is having a go at you, very lucky mate that it's not the brother of the one they have at underwater world.
I think i know just what your problem is!
Being the owner of Dr Who's boat and being able to travel in time back to central Australia 10 million years ago, you claimed you did! Going back to the Sudan and rolling in your flea bitten camels dung, jaming poddy mullet, sorry you called them potty mullet, maybe they were a little off, into empty wine casks.

I think all of the above has changed your DNA, you are now possibly a walking, talking, Berkley Gulp.
Don't go near the water and use plenty of deodorant.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

stark
01-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Had that happen to me with a big eel years ago. Haven't you learned to walk on water yet? I did that night!

tunaman
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Stark. With all the movies and doc,os that tell us or scare people, its no wonder fisho,s near jump out of their skin when something crawls over our feet / skin, its just the thought that something may hurt us or sting us or even worst, eat us. Take no chances, run like hell.;D ;D ;D

signed tunaman

rick k
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
I get a bit flighty near ramps and rockwalls in calm saltwater Tunaman. Seen far too many (ok, 3) stonefish caught out of cabbage tree creek, for example. Truth be told I'll probably step on a syringe first.

Have to get myself some of those loose legged running shorts in a dark colour

-Henno-
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Mate I competely sympathise with that. I have had multiple occasions where I have needed the brown jocks. It happens all the time at work when I'm crawling through somebody's roof and I get the spider web round the neck in the dark.

It also happened in Tasmania to me when I was surfing at a pretty remote place on the west coast by myself and one of those really long kelp seaweeds brushed past my leg. I was hovering over my board mate! That was a case of requiring the brown wetsuit.

Never been sucked on by a squid though. What a cack!

tunaman
03-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Never been sucked on by a squid though. What a cack![/quote]

Mate., and I hope you ever do, cause these things bite.

signed tunaman