PDA

View Full Version : Which one is Bigger??

Frank OO
21-01-2007, 12:03 PM
After entertaining the Christmas visitors for the last six weeks, Ben and I decided to go out alone.

I had checked every source of weather that I know of and I decided that Saturday was going to be a nice flat day.

Ben was keen to get another Marlin but the bait was pretty scarce so we agreed that a quick trip to Deep Tempest would prove if there were any fish out there. No sooner did we arrive when this absolutely Massive, Gigantic Monster of a fish grabbed me jig.

It was a magnificent fight and took every bit of strength to get this monster off the bottom.

Certainly with this much effort, it must be the biggest Kingy that we have ever caught.

You could have knocked me down with a feather when Ben said that it was tiny compared to his.

I will leave it up the you to judge—WHICH ONE IS BIGGER?????

Frank OO
21-01-2007, 12:06 PM
The Photos

Tony_N
21-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Frank

His is longer, yours is fatter. We all know that despite desperate protestations to the contrary, size really does count, but when you get into that arena it depends on how you use (release/cook?) it?

If it is important for point scoring, yours is the biggest Frank.

cheers

Tony

Frank OO
21-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeeha!!!

Young Ben needs to keep on trying.

Frank OO

1rabbit
21-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, hard to tell as they are both held out, but the one on the left looks bigger/thicker.

Muzz

White_Steenbras
21-01-2007, 02:40 PM
They are both pretty impressive looking fish, both get the bragging rights.

Adamy
21-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Think I'd be happy with either one or both :) ... good work and well done to the both of you!

murf
21-01-2007, 07:42 PM
they both make the 65cm one I caught today look like yakka :)

top stuff boys, they would lengthen the arms a bit

Cheers Murf

snapperm8
21-01-2007, 07:50 PM
yer pretty close great stuff though

cheers dave

eotbmg
22-01-2007, 06:53 AM
The one on the right is definately alot bigger. He's also alot better looking than you Frank!
Seriously good fish mate, the photos came out ok after alot of moving to get the sun right.
Cheers
Ben

Big_Ren
22-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Good to see you didn't get spooled this time Ben;D Some freight train kingies.....well done fellas...homemade jig again Ben?

Frank....your arms look a little longer...does that mean yours is bigger??::)

Cheers and congrats
I have now accumulated some well-earned brownies from home and will be back on the water very soon.:D

Paul

outsiderskip
22-01-2007, 01:46 PM
frank
i thought you would throw them back
because you have caught bigger haha

pete

Franco
23-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Frank you know as long as its a big fish it doesn't really matter if his is a bit bigger than yours ...... as long as you can hold yours up for longer!!

roz
26-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm guessing your's is around 15kg and the other just a tad smaller.

Was I close????

Anyway, well done there Frank, I certainly miss those nice big kingies, it's been a while since I landed one over 5kg.

cheers r.

Frank OO
27-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi Roz,

I have been checking up on you and those little Kingies are only tiddlers compared to the Spaniards up Your way. I Can't Wait.

You were close - 14kg and 12.5kg.

Frank OO