PDA

View Full Version : Off Cape Moreton

Fishing_Freddy
20-01-2007, 08:28 PM
I headed out this morning at 5:00am from Bribie (followed a mate who had gone a couple of weeks ago). Tried to pick up some livies but no luck as current was running fairly quick, so we headed out around the cape. A little bit choppy on the inside of bar, but great run aound the cape once we crossed the bar. Pulled up on his first mark and set up lines( I knw should have had them set up, but I was a bit slack this morning) , worked out which way the drift was and dropped in a line just hit the bottom and a good hit 37cm Pearlie. I thought this is a good start re-baited and down she goes again and bang on again this time an under sized squire so back it goes. By this time my deckie was getting the sh1tz as he didnt even get a touch.We stayed at this spot for awhile only catching plenty of under sized sweetlip so the call was made to move further south onto another patch he had, first couple of drops were under size sweetlip and monster leather jackets so we move around a bit and gott onto some wrasse and moses perch. We tried another couple of spots only to catch alot of under sized squire, sweetlip and more leather jackets. The mate I followed got two nice cods and a good sweetlip.Time to leave and the famous call one more drop by me and I got a 39cm fusiler to end the fishing, so I would say that it was agood day out exept mate got done by the police checking safety gear. He found out the hard way his flares where out of date and it cost him $150 fine>:( not a happy camper after that. Makes you think how easy it is to forget to check expirery dates on flare and epirb. That a side a good day out nad the weather was on our side for a change to. Will try to post pic of pearlie and fusiler.
Ken;D

kingtin
20-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Shame about the flares Ken. It seems to be the weekend for revenue raising with another member getting done for giving off wash in a 6k zone. It pays to do regular checks mate............thanks for the reminder.

kev

White_Steenbras
21-01-2007, 02:41 PM
$150 is a little steep for memory loss don't you think. What a shame.