PDA

View Full Version : Underfloor fuel tank for tinny

Flex
18-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Just got me a new 4.55 seajay SP. Im wanting to put in an underfloor 60l fuel tank. anyone know of a good ally welder in brisbane who can make them?

Seajay do tanks, but are very unaccomadating in helping me after the boat was purchased

Blackened
18-01-2007, 04:23 PM
G'day
I'm pretty confident you can get a plastic one that will sit below the floor.... bermuda make them.

Some of the local plate builders use them

Dave

gone_fishing
18-01-2007, 04:54 PM
G'day Flex
i agree with Blackend a plastic tank would be a better option i dont know if you could get a 60l one though
a plastic could be mounted by brakets and straps a lighter optoin though not as strong it would be a far cheaper option as i think last time i seen a aluminiun tank it was about 400 buck i think
all the the best which ever way you decide

mick

Roughasguts
18-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Hmm an 80 litre stainless steel tank is around 500 bucks.
But Think I would prefer a plastic one over a Ally tank, they can suffer pin holes Etc in 10 or so years.

Crooked
18-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Flex,
I reckon the plastic tank is the go, if you have problems which you shouldn't as these things are really tough you can always pull it out easily, with an allytank welding in, if you get holes or cracks big problems.

Also, I like the fact that a plastic tank would be seperate from the hull, so wouldn't suffer any flex from the hull, so much less stress.

If you get on the bias boating website, they have 60L stainless steel ones for about $370. But I'm sure you can find plastic ones this size.

cheers, Evan

Blackened
18-01-2007, 07:04 PM
G'day
Jus so you know, bermuda is a division of mercury marine.

www.mercurymarine.com.au

that should be the site

Dave

abundy
21-01-2007, 12:55 PM
gidday flex,
Have recently purchaced blue fin warrior Has 60lt underfloor plastic bermuda, very happy feel safer in knowlage no splitting, cracking. Has bit of flex and give.
abundy