PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra Wide Fri and Sat 12 - 13/01/07

madman1
18-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Fished Caloundra Wide(ish) on friday for a morning session and found excellent shows of fish in the bottom but they didn't want to play the game. After an hour we ended up with a good sized fingermark, two parrot and a small pearlie. We were pretty miffed with that attempt and sought better grounds which we found reletively quickly.

Worked grounds closer to home with the sounder yet again going off like a frog in a sock. This spot produced 8 excellent sized pearlies, a bucket load of undersized red emperor and some other fish I cant remember.

Saturday we worked the last spot from Friday and the fish were still there but definitely not playing the game. The first spot produced a 1m rat cobia on a soft plastic (which I reckon was a fluke) and that was it for an hour or so until the cobes twin came aboard for a beer.

Called it quits for the day and headed home with some happy deckies.

No fish pics but some action pics and a sounder readinto wet your appetites for the next trip.

Cheers

Mark

madman1
18-01-2007, 11:53 AM
The sounder reading

madman1
18-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Still working out this new system

indy
18-01-2007, 06:57 PM
G'day mark good to here you got a few good pearlies where you getting them in the 55m mark

cheers pete...

madman1
19-01-2007, 08:10 AM
We started out that way and the fish were lighting up like a christmas tree but they weren't that hungry.

We found a new spot that produced the goods.

Does anyone have any idea why the fish shut down like that?

There is nothing more frustratin is there?

I'm heading out that way Saturday afternoon to try again with some heavier anchor chain.

Cheers

Mark

Fishnwell
19-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Madman1,
Tried to pm you but your storage space is full... Interested in your warranty comment.

Noelm
19-01-2007, 09:34 AM
not too sure too much faith should be put in sounder "shows" unless you are a real expert and can identify fish species on the sounder (as a pro can sometimes do) sounder readings can be anything from schools of small bait that will not take a bait but still show a positve reading, to even long weed metres off the bottom, which I have seen when diving and when on a sounder looks like good fish some metres off the bottom, best to find good structure and anchor and add some good burley and wait till they find you! (sometimes)

Bruno 22
22-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Sounds like a good day.

Bruno 22
22-01-2007, 08:39 PM
How far off the coast were you.