PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Outboard Diagnostic Software

btsah
18-01-2007, 09:34 AM
G'Day Everyone
Does anyone know where I could get hold the Yamaha Outboard Diagnostic Software CD & cable?
I have been told it’s available in the US because you can’t adjust anything with it, so it doesn’t affect warranty etc but I the dealers here are saying its not for sale.
Cheers btsah

FNQCairns
18-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Australia is almost communist in the business practices it can get away with sometimes, keeps multiple layers of cream for the sellers.

Try www.boats.net (email them) they have access to most stuff and are reputable or jump on www.thehulltruth.com and ask for help -you will get there and it will be approx 1/2 AUD than if sold here.

cheers fnq

PS just a thought, the unit would have the computing power of a calculator, posssibly sierra or the like in aftermarket may have a simple device that does the same.

Noelm
18-01-2007, 10:41 AM
been down the same road with the software for the Evinrude Ficht engines, tried to get it, no chance that I found here in Aus.

btsah
19-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Bit too expensive for me but the kit is apparently a genuine Yamaha product and is available in the U.S.; it’s called YDS (Yamaha Diagnostic Software) the kit is $349.00 plus freight from http://www.shipyardisland.com

The kit comes with everything you need to connect YDS to any of the following Yamaha outboards:
• All HPDI models
• All four-stroke models F115 thru F250
• All 2005/2006/2007 four-stroke models F50 thru F90
• All ECU controlled Yamaha personal watercraft

To place an order you can do so on our secure on-line order form https://page secure.com/shipyardisland/order.html and in the parts needed box just enters "YDS KIT".

Cheers btsah

Ron173
19-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Had same issues with my brand of engine, lets just say I got help from a good friend on the hulltruth, and a 2nd hand palm from ebay, some more digging and armed with pin outs and soldering iron (and some modem knowledge)....... no dramas.

I dont tweak with it, all I wanted was to see the information, like hours run etc.
It is my engine not theirs after all.

You wont get a dealer here to sell you it though, but like said above, suggest you befriend some guys on the hulltruth.

Ron