PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cania

Fitzy
25-08-2001, 04:49 PM
Lake Cania
With the current drawdown of Lake Cania in central Qld in full swing, there are growing fears for the health of the fish in this wonderful fishery. It appears that there will be isolated pockets of water left where fish may well be stranded. Qld Fisheries are working on a contingency plan to move some saratoga if it appears that fish could begin to die. Locations could be as simple as moving them into the main basin of remaining water, or to other stocked lakes such as Atkinson Lagoon, Somerset, Barambah, Boondooma or Callide thus ensuring some fish will contribute to the overall scheme of things.
Has anyone been there recently that can give an update??

Swampy
27-08-2001, 04:53 PM
This is a tragedy. I live in NSW and have been following the cania story >:( For the past couple of years I have wanted to fish cania. I havn't had the opportunity :'( It now looks like I may not ever get it.

The sooner they make a law so as to leave water for stocked fish the better.

If it were dolphin's at risk they would never get away with it.

hope to hear some good news
swampy

Brett_Finger
31-08-2001, 06:22 AM
This is bullshit!!!!! :-X
those clowns that made the decission to drain the place should be #######d from the positions thay incompently hold.
i have never been so outraged since the clowns re-formed the QFMA board or whatever thay call it now!!! ???
more people wasting many other peoples efforts to make this state a more attractive place to visit!!!!!!! >:(
Hookin, Brett Finger >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(