PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater Fishing

Wassa
04-10-2001, 08:29 AM
G'day guys,

I keep on hearing from everyone how good it is to catch natives in freshwater in NSW. I have been trout fishing and while it was enjoyable seemed like a lot of hard work for just a few rainbows.

What I wanna know is what do they fight like? I am a saltwater fisho and enjoy catching anything from bream, whiting and flathead, to marlin and tuna outside.

I just can't imagine any freshwater native fighting like a yellowfin, or for that matter like a large whiting on 1kg.

Just wondering what everyones experiences were

elegant_bass
04-10-2001, 08:59 AM
G`DAY WASSA
Frash water fish that oll depends where you catch them,bass are verry good in wild,silver persh ,y/ballycames 2nd.
bass fight same as bream.
once start fishing freashwater you be hooked .

big bad bass ;D ;D 8) 8)

Katrina
04-10-2001, 05:38 PM
;) Try the buzz of fighting a large Murray Cod! Woo HOO!! HAPPY FISHING!

Rosso
25-11-2001, 03:27 PM
Attempt to catch the freshwater bass. They are very strong and a good fighting fish. (not bad on the table either)

If you get bored with them, then I suggest the elusive Saratoga... They are the best freshwater fighting fish around.

I have caught a hugh murray cod while trolling at the Glenlyon Dam (or however its spelt) and upto the point I saw it surface I thought it was a log. Very boring indeed.

Rosso.

Katrina
25-11-2001, 04:51 PM
;) Try it in a natural river system off the bank, totally different kettle of fish! lol!!!

Muzzy
26-11-2001, 08:42 AM
Toga mate if ya can get a chance to fish for them give it ago. If your found of the fly you will find they will play the game as well, they are real surface feeders and crash bang style hits.
Also they will hit a few times at a lure or fly, so ya can stir them up in to a hit. I have caught rainbow trout, not many on the fly and from my fishing for toga found it very hard to play the fiddly game trout needed. Toga would pull one back wards any day. My fav fresh water fish easy, just as good a fight as a barra of similar size, if not more acrobatic and agressive most of the yesr dont shut down in the cool.

If you are a fly person, toga is you fish, the fly rodders best pal.