PDA

View Full Version : Sth East Qld Freshwater C & R Results 01

Brian
26-11-2001, 03:57 PM
Boondooma Dam hosted this great event and once again the North Brisbane SFC put on a great social and friendly competition. The competition has alway been run in a very low key atmosphere and this one was no exception, as for the entertainment on the Saturday well to say you had to be there would be an understatement. I'm sure this will be a regular having live music.

The event was attended by 65 competitors who by their feeback sheets had a great time and intend on fishing next year with some of their friends.

As for the food once again Ipswich United SFC did a fantastic job on the catering with Saturday evening spit roast a huge hit as usual.

The first team that entered was Pro - Mac and they received $ 150.00 worth of fishing gear. All the prizes were award by random draw with only trophies or certicates for category winners.

The winner of the boat donated by HOLT MARINE was Roy Souter, well done to Roy.

On the results side of things they are as follows.

Total fish caught 734
Bass 346
Goldens 387
Cod 1

Mal Florence Memorial Trophy (Longest Bass)
Bradley Cecil 500 mm caught on a 60 mm Boomerang Lure

Longest Golden Perch: Bradley Wickson (Jnr) 550 mm caught on a Black & Silver Voodoo Lure.

Longest Cod: Bradley Wickson (Jnr) 660 mm Caught on a Black & Silver Voodoo Lure.

Champion Team: Team Eva Kool
Champion Angler: Mathew Mott
Champion Female Jacinda Schloss
Champion Juniors
1. Bradley Wickson
2. Mathew Mackay
3. Thomas Harvey

Top 10 Lures
1.Fysshe 2. Spinner Bait 3 Voodoo Lures 4. Brolga 5. Mann's 6. Homemade 7. Blitzbaggers 8. Diawa 9. Ridgeback 10 Viper.

Top 10 Colours
1. Purple 2. Green 3. Brown 4. Black 5. Gold 6. White 7. Red 8. Yellow 9. Black White 10. Pink

The above is only a brief on the event with a full report being available in about a week on our club site. I will keep you posted for that report.

All in all a great time was had both on and off the water and an event not to be missed next year.

Anyone interested in information for next year can forward a request to nthbrisbanesfc@optusnet.com.au

Brian Harvey

Slates
06-12-2001, 08:03 AM
Had a ball again Brian!

I catually have RSI in the right hand from casting! :-/

Hope I can swindle a trip up next time ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, Slates

Brian
09-12-2001, 11:52 AM
Hi Slates,

Yeah i can well imagine you would ..... thanks for taking the young fella out he reminds me he had a good tome ....... AND THE GEAR u use ........ U will cost me heaps now :)

Well the dates are set 14th - 17th of November so get the $$$$$ put aside will be great to see you and your dad again.

Am well in top organising next year and is looking great.

I maybe down around easter will try and catch you before then and see if we can catch up

Brian

Slates
11-12-2001, 07:34 AM
No worries mate.
See if we can't get a trout or 2 - bring yer woolies :D