PDA

View Full Version : carp capers.

rocketman
12-11-2001, 06:15 AM
anyone got any good ideas for carp.i have been told to dig them in the garden is this true? ???

Cremated_Reddog
12-11-2001, 07:20 AM
yes rocket they do use em for fertelizer... I use em for snapper bait down here in Newcastle.....

rocketman
12-11-2001, 11:01 AM
hi reddog.
i caught two good carp today.ijust cut the smelly things up and dug them into the garden.hows the fishing off newy.i am from maitland.

waterrat
18-12-2001, 02:40 PM
Not sure if it will work in your area but u can use fillets of carp to catch larger carp have tried it in a lagoon on the murray in south aussie
and the heads are great in yabbie or shrimp nets

cheers

Fitzy
18-12-2001, 06:53 PM
Hi Guys,
Dunno about other states, but it's illegal in Qld to return any part of carp, or any other noxious fish, to the water at all. Salt or fresh, best check your state regs in case. Fines aren't fun. :(

Cheers, ;)

Fitzy..

Muzzy
19-12-2001, 11:36 AM
So mate the way I read what you posted it would be considered wrong to use carp as mud crab bait or burley and stuff like that?

Is that to limit/stop germs or some thing?

Did I tell you the only carp in darwin is in a fish bowl, I nearl had a punch up with this one fella who was bragging about using gold fish as live baits. I dont think he will any more, he got the picture.

Muz

Luke
19-12-2001, 11:43 AM
Good work Muzz. They shouldn't even be in fish bowls and cats (can they be used in crab pots),theres another story. >:(

waterrat
20-12-2001, 02:01 PM
OOPS Fitzy yes I think you are correct
anyway i find bread the best thing to catch them on dont laugh it really works