PDA

View Full Version : river bass SEQ

martial
23-12-2001, 01:57 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't been out fishing for a while and am keen to do a spot of my favorite type of fishing - river fishing in a canoe
what's been happening in the SEQ rivers lately and where can expect to get a hook or two?

Martial

Randall
28-12-2001, 12:28 PM
Hi Martial, long time no here!! Hope the business is going well for you. Is Server 101 still in Milton?

As for your questions: Remember the North Pine where we went with you a few years back? Apparently its fishing OK now. I suggest you get down there late arvo. 3-7pm is best.

Brissy river too is fishing well. Try Fernvale area. ;-)

After the new year, maybe you would like to come out with us to a few of the impoundments. Email me if you want to give them a crack.
Regards, Randall.

William_Lee
29-12-2001, 12:31 PM
I've gotta agree with Randall, the NorthPine River is pretty good, I went down there yesterday afternoon and landed 4 bass, 3 on deep fly and one on topwater. I also landed a tarpon on a popper which was an added bonus.

Cheers,

Will

Randall
29-12-2001, 02:13 PM
Tarpon on popper....just gotta love that hey William!!

Hows the water clarity and levels?
Regards, Randall.

martial
29-12-2001, 06:17 PM
Hi Randall,

Yeah everything going good with the business and still in Milton. Just not much time to go fishing (:I went down to Coffs Harbour 3 weeks ago for a week and half and did some good bass fishing down there and keen to try to get out a bit more regularly.

I am actually off to Marron Dam in the morning (sat). do you thing it is a good move?
Also can you recommend anywhere I can buy some decent quality spinner naits around town?

Randall
30-12-2001, 03:49 AM
Hi again Martial.
You will do better at Maroon in the arvo but you have probably already left by now.
If you are after Spinnerbaits, I can help you. Email me for more info. ;-)

Regards, Randall

William_Lee
30-12-2001, 07:54 AM
Tarpon on popper....just gotta love that hey William!!

Hows the water clarity and levels?
Regards, #Randall.

Randall, The water clarity is between 3-6ft and the water is not too low.

Cheers,

Will Lee

Randall
30-12-2001, 11:26 AM
Thanks William, I may have to go back up there again soon with the little 3 mtr punt and get into some Nth Pine surface action!!

Regards, Randall.