PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Somerset????

Chris_J
03-01-2002, 06:29 AM
G'day

I'm of to Somerset tomorrow for a couple of days and i was just wondering how it's fishing of late?

Thanks in advance ;)

CJ

Wishin' I was FISHIN' ::)

Fitzy
03-01-2002, 08:53 AM
Hi CJ,
Was up there yesterday for a run to plant some trees & then have a fish. Just finished with the trees & was running back down to the main basin when I got a god awful gearbox noise. I limped it back to the ramp on the minn kota (took 3 hours).
On the way back I saw stacks of goldens on the sounder about a km past the powerlines. Threw a lure out & hooked up straight away. It wrapped me around a stump & I wasn't stopping to muck around so I broke it off. Was a golden cause I felt the usual head shakes straight up. Gave up after that & settled in for the slow run home.
Back at the ramp a few mates there reconed they were doing great on bass in the main basin fishing the points.

Hope that helps a little.

fitzy..

Chris_J
03-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Fitzy I'm sorry to hear u had gearbox trouble, did a gearbox a few months back myself, on coolmunda and had to limp back on the " 'lecty". i got back well after dark but hey that fishin' for ya. yeah we're going to try and tangle with some of those monster bass we have had sucessed in landing at least 2 50+cm bass on most trip so by the sounds of it that should continue. I'll post the report of the trip on return.

CJ

Wishin' I was FISHIN' ::)