PDA

View Full Version : hunter river catties

rocketman
11-11-2001, 06:08 AM
i was just wondering if anybody has a bait and rig for freshwater catties ???

Katrina
11-11-2001, 11:13 AM
;) Don't know about the southern catfish, but the ones up here tend to go for just about any bait on any rig. So pesky that I don't really bother with bait, just use lures so I don't catch catfish!

Katrina
11-11-2001, 11:15 AM
;) Probably should have mentioned that I am in South East Queensland!

SHANE
12-11-2001, 07:40 AM
;)HI KATRINA
MOSTLY THE CATFISH WILL TAKE ANYTHING FROM LURES TO BAIT
THE BEST BAIT AROUND FOR THEM I STILL SAY IS EARTH WORMS
AS FOR THE RIG AS SMALL A RUNNING SINKER AS YOU CAN AND IF YOUR FISHING FROM A BOAT TRY A LIGHT TYPE OF SNAPPER RIG (SINKER ON THE BOTTOM AND HOOK ABOUT 30CM ABOVE IT)
THIS HAS WORK FOR ME IN CATCHING HUNDREDS OF THE ROTTEN THINGS IN WHIVENHOE DAM OVER THE YEARS #;D

# # #SHANE :D :D :D

Fisherman02
18-01-2002, 10:59 AM
hey ppl
I also live in south east queensland and I am 15 and I fish in the Brisbane river. Now if it is catfish you are after give the Brisbane river a go. The only thing is catfish is all I have caught there by the way what do you want the catfish for?

Fisherman02
18-01-2002, 11:03 AM
hey there
I'm 15 and I fish in the Brisbane river nearly everyday but with school coming up I haven't been for 2days so yeah pretty unpredictable. I moved over from Malaysia where I stayed for 4 years and b4 that in Scotland for a year then malaysia then england then france then england. As I was saying in the Brisbane river there are thousands of cat fish. The only problem is thats all there is!!
By the way what do you want the catfish for?