PDA

View Full Version : Ewen Maddock????

Chris_J
28-01-2002, 02:38 PM
G'day

On a recent to Carloundra I was talkin' to the owner of a local tackle store and he was telling me about Ewen Maddock (if thats how its spelt :-/). He was sayin' that there are fair numbers of BIG bass in there. I was juss wondering i anyone has fished there and had any sucess?? And what are the regulations i know that u can only row and i gather u needs a SIP.

Thanks in advance ;)

CJ :)

P.S if u get a chance to throw a surface lure/fly at Baroon Pocket dam go for it. the bass go off in a BIG way ;D

The_Walrus
28-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Long time ago, I fished the spillway area for some good size bass.

As far as I am aware, you can't put boats on the water although I was told today that you now could. ???

I beleive that there is a stocking group that looks after the place.

Luc

Fitzy
29-01-2002, 08:39 AM
I think (don't quote me) that you can put canoes on there.
Will try to contact Cameron from that stocking group to find out more for you.

Fitzy..

fisher
29-01-2002, 05:49 PM
# :) You can put canoes on the dam and some do get away with using electrics on the weekends as there is no ranger on duty then 8) The stocking group fought long and hard to try and change the backward attitude of the local clowncil to allow the use of electrics but we hit to many brickwalls and was pushed to near extinsion >:( I haven't fished it for a long time but rumors have it there is some good Bass being caught trolling some of the bays on the eastern side of the dam #;D Also heard of a 40cm toga being caught which would be from the stocking from a couple of years back ;D But there is some in there 60 -70 cm hopefully they are breeding and will create another good toga fishery for the future and if were lucky we will get some clowncilors with some brains and some foresight and realise what rec fishin can do for the local area >:( >:( The dam is a bit of a sore point with me, ???as #a local it #is very frustrating to have such good dams so close and have so many restrictions on those dams #???So I go fish else where and spend my money there #>:( >:( The Caloundra city clowncil and the Maroochy shire are anti freshwater fishing so I say ###k em!!.You won't need a sip on Ewen Maddock it's not on the list. Regards Paul

Fitzy
29-01-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey Paul,
THanks for the info mate. I know you've put in a ton of work for the freshwater fishing cause in that area. Good on ya mate.

Now how's the fishin doin at Lenthalls mate? Bet you'll have your finger in that pie by now. ;D

Cheers,

Fitzy..

fisher
30-01-2002, 08:41 AM
Hi Fitzy I'am back home again now the job finnished at the prison. :(I was having a ball up there on bass at the dam it's a great little dam with lotsa good fish in it didn't find any barra in it but I'am sure there would be some still in there.Thinking of moving up there permanantly but have to see how things work out there's not alot of work up that way but there's heaps of good fishin to be had. ;DHaving a meeting with Wide Bay Water soon will let you know how it goes,got to tag half dozen golden trevas while I was up there hopefully someone will catch some of them somewhere and maybe get some movement data on them they are a fantistic fish on fly in shallow water ;D Have you heard how Harro went on his last trip up there, I might be going near the end of the week if the wind ever stops blowing. :( Catch ya later regards Paul

Fitzy
30-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Hi Paul,
Harro & Scoop got a few goldens on fly there somewhere before the wind chased em away. Was last week. They came for a fish up the river here for a morning before moving on.
Heard of a few other goldens coming from the other side of Little Woody lately.

I've seen a few pics of barra out of Lenthalls. Think alot went AWOL last run over the spillway there. Bet them weirs below are full of em now. Ooops. Better shut me mouth about now. :-X

Talk soon mate.

Fitzy..