PDA

View Full Version : MAROON FIRES

BOMBER
05-02-2002, 04:42 AM
Hi All,

Haven't been on this board for awhile a few computer problems now all fixed. Well saturday night 02/02/02 went for a popperin session at Maroon Dam near Boonah well what a night had never taken a Bass on popper before and we couldn't have picked a better night in my boat I had Gary Fitzgerald(a genius at finding fish) and Randall Gilbert another fair Basser we found Bass around the edges in around 2 to 3 feet of water all up we landed 58 Bass the largest being 47 cms, another 2 mates were there also and managed to boat 34 fish between them as well one of these fish was a 44cm Silver(never heard of one being caught on a popper)so all up a session of 91 Bass and 1 Silver on Poppers YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHa what a night.

Regards,

THE BOMBER

Ps :

Fitzy won the night with a Total of 30 fish this guy knows his stuff,

Fitzy
05-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Hi Bomber,
Was good fun eh?
I was just lucky + the fact that I was driving most of the time & had the shots at the spots first. Otherwise the story would have been different I'm sure.
The open sharing of techniques & hot spots is a part of the Brisbane Bass Masters (everyone on that trip is a member) that I really enjoy. No foxing on what's working & the layed back approach at times is rather refreshing.

Good bunch of guys.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Randall
05-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Have to agree, especially the way "Tarquin" shares everything with his fella anglers!!! ;-)

Steves alter ego certainly got a workout that night.

RG

aussiebasser
06-02-2002, 05:36 PM
I musta just missed you guys. I launched at 3.00am, and ended up with over a dozen fish to 44cm by 9.30am. Caught 6 trolling a black Feral Cat lure before 4.30. Rest were taken on a mixture of surface fly and deep fly.

Fitzy
06-02-2002, 05:56 PM
We fished from late arvo into Saturday night. Probably why you missed us.