PDA

View Full Version : Willow.....the...tree

Gazza
24-03-2002, 03:22 PM
Fitzy & co-RecFishos........this willow tree debate elsewheresville........
;D ;D

Is it 'legal' for RecFishos to:-
Remove 'em i.e. cut 'em.....
Drill holes with 'salt'......i.e. kill 'em over time....
Hey , wrap a chain ,and attempt to knock 'em over??

Yeah / Neah stuff , o.k. ??? ??? ???
OR do we "ask" for approval from XYZ mob ??? ??? ???.......who ???

NOT A SHITSTIR ,just a "QLD" ask ......perfectly understood private property,etc. limitations

Regards
Gazza

Fitzy
27-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I don't really know the legality of cutting them down, I would imagine you would need the property owners permission.

Apart from that I can't see a problem if its on crown land. Probably doing thier work for them. I would imagine various trees/shrubs/weeds would have different listings in various states. Eg willows could be declared noxious in one state & not the other.
I know in my area, Chinese Elm & Mulberry Trees are a real problem along the waterways. We've been cutting them down & planting natives to replace them for years. The local council has thanked us for the efforts. In other areas we are just planting natives to bare banks for obvious reasons.
If you contact your local landcare group, I'm sure they'd have all the relevant info at hand.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Simon
28-03-2002, 12:28 PM
Extending what Fitzy has mentioned, It would be counter productive to cut them down poison them or what ever if you don't rehab the banks otherwise you won't have anywhere to fish in the long run.

Cheers

Simon.

imported_admin
28-03-2002, 02:41 PM
Have a look at http://www.landcare.gov.au might be able to give you some more info on local laws, etc.