PDA

View Full Version : Kahncoban

john
24-05-2002, 03:35 PM
???
Going fishing at Kahncoban on Queens Birthday weekend. Am new numpty at Trout fishing. can anyone give me some tips? Cheers

fishy_phil
25-05-2002, 01:59 PM
G'day mate
fishing for trout was my first love so i know a bit. down that way kahncoban pondage is the most likely place to fish but there are quite alot of redfin here. but a good source of info on the area would be the fishing map of the snowy lakes.
a good rig for trout is the bubble float rig or a lightly weighted worm.
this time of year fishing the back end of lakes is the best as they are headed up the creeks to spawn dont fish the creeks because they close now. this is the best time to go after trophy fish there are many places in the region were to catch them.a big tip ...fish no heavier than 3kg line 1kg or 2kg is better. flies are good also, you can also get quite a few fish on lures. tassie devils celtas in the running water and small divers in deeper parts of the lake.

good fishin' phil

john
25-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Phil
Thanks for the info mate. Hope I have a good pic on return

Cheers
John

Matty
25-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Hi John

I hope this doesn't confuse you but when fishing for trout in lakes or reservoirs I prefer to suspend a mudeye under a waggler. When fishing on the bottom I use a running berley feeder with bread crumb berley in it, with maggots or scrub worms on the hook. Another bait that might be worth a go is berkleys powerbait. When spinning I agree with the celta and tassie devils but I also reconmend that you give metal wobblers such as pegrons a go.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,Matty

john
29-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info Matty
JH