PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo lures

Brian
09-07-2002, 07:34 AM
I had an invite to fish by a club member on North Pine and as i had some 20 + voodoos to test found me on the dam for the day.

The day started off quite with 11 fish scored by lunch. After lunch we opted to now give the 20 + voodoos a run well they scored very well indeed first two out got hammered one busted off http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm45.gifand one boated the one boated was my personal best a 55cm 52cm to the fork :) :).

We were running 4 rods and these were to only lures getting hit. Maybe just lucky but hey is a great start to the testing :) As for the depth was scoring bottom at 30 - 35 ft not sure if they go deeper got hammered at 35 ft. May have to change them to 30 + :)

The final result was a number of fish over 50cm fell to the voodoo 20's. A nice test day indeed have booked for another day :) :)

Will post photos when the mate develops his film.

Brian

Randall
09-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah Baby !!!!!!

30+ ?

I want em!!!

Randall.

aussiebasser
09-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Yeah Baby !!!!!!

30+ ?

I want em!!!

Randall.

You can get some after me Randall. :P :P

Slates
10-07-2002, 06:07 AM
Great fish Brian.
Looking fwd to the pics!

Cheers, Slates

Brian
10-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Makes two of us slates :) ......... damn hope they workout ,if not may have to go do it again lol

Brian
10-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Yes they were getting down over 30 feet and were still hitting bottom at 35 feet. I was using 6 lb braid distance behind boat will post later as i marked the line although i feel this may have moved on one of the runs.

Next time will paint sections of line to get a better gauge of the distance instead of tying on a peice of thread.

Still some more testing to be done to fine tune the tow point, but am excited all the same.

Now a question what colours would you like to see them painted.

I know one colour i will be getting and thats the test colour ;D ;D I'll say it was one colour and that it had no strips, dots or patterns.

bugman
10-07-2002, 07:44 AM
Brian,
I'll have one in the black with white stripe pattern that the 15+'s are made in. I've alway's like that colour.
I'll have a black one with purple on it as well thank you.
I like this colour to order thing.
Sign me up for a few
Bugman

Randall
11-07-2002, 04:18 AM
Yes they were getting down over 30 feet and were still hitting bottom at 35 feet. I was using 6 lb braid distance behind boat will post later as i marked the line although i feel this may have moved on one of the runs.

Next time will paint sections of line to get a better gauge of the distance instead of tying on a peice of thread.

Still some more testing to be done to fine tune the tow point, but am excited all the same.

Now a question what colours would you like to see them painted.

I know one colour i will be getting and thats the test colour #;D ;D I'll say it was one colour and that it had no strips, dots or patterns.

Colours? There`s only purple is`nt there? ;-)

Blacks not bad!!

Did I mention any dark colours?

When are you inviting me around anyway Brian??????

I`d love a sneak preview!! ;-)

Randall.

aussiebasser
11-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Brian, my mate, buddy, pal. ;D ;D I'll have one of each colour you do, but especially the red/black scale, and the purple (yellow eyes please), and the black/white, ooh don't forget the gold/bronze, and a red/black stripe, and the two different greens. How about a blue/silver for flathead too. ;D

Randall
11-07-2002, 02:40 PM
Bugger orf Dale....there will be none left for the rest of us!!!!!

Randall ;-)

Brian
11-07-2002, 04:22 PM
Will have to get a couple of people around to check them out, would like a cross section of comments.

We hope to have them up and running by end of August fingers crossed.

Will have those colours plus one ;D ;D ::)

Fitzy
11-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi Brian,
Sounds like you've kicked a goal with the new model. Well done.
If they're an improvement on the last one, they will be very good indeed.
Write me down for a couple at what ever the going price is. If they're as good as expected I'll be back for stacks more.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Brian
13-07-2002, 04:33 PM
These are a different model / version ..... not that the first version 15+ was a problem...... just this model is now going of the origional shape and design.

And so far the results are unreal to say the least. (this has not been the first test run).

Test will continue and we still hope to have them in production as soon as all test results are in and in the positive.

Will keep you informed.

Brian

Brian
15-07-2002, 12:13 PM
I have loaded some photo's of the bass we caught on our club web site, including the ones on the new 20 +voodoo (proto type).

Site at bottom page

Brian

Brian
17-07-2002, 09:04 AM
Just testing to see if i got this attaching photos worked out. If so this is my personal best bass of 55cm and 52cm to the fork. ;D
Brian

aussiebasser
17-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Looks like I better have a yella one to mate. ;)

Brian
17-07-2002, 03:03 PM
No Problems mate have got heaps of orders for them now ;D. But the photo is deceptive .......... its not a true yellow ........ but you will get that colour :)

May have a couple for you to run can you fire an email with your phone number.

Brian