PDA

View Full Version : shore based fishing at the Hinze Dam

Lennie
11-09-2002, 10:08 AM
Hi,
My son and I are going to the Hinze Dam on the school holidays later this month. I am looking for areas that we can walk to from the road to fly and lure fish any help anyone can give would greatly help to cut down traveling time and make a young fellow happy.
Regards Lennie

Quinny69
12-09-2002, 10:36 AM
Lucky its Hinze mate, Its buy far the best shore based dam. 2 spots I like to fish are both off the Muwullumba Rd that runs down the western side. If driving Sth keep an eye out on the left for trails, and get a good map that will show these paths. The 1st one is about 1km past advance town rd turn off, just pull over when you see the path/ gate and walk down. This leads to a bay called Jasons Joint and the Bass are angry and pleantyful, great on a Darlberg (Xsmall Black) or a TinyTorpedo. Nice Toga too. Further down Murwumba rd is a few more paths. 2nd just past BlackShoot Gully, same thing, Pull over, lock car and walk. MAKE SHURE you are there at Dawn and Dusk for most excitement.Remember ya permit too....Matt Q

Lennie
12-09-2002, 11:17 AM
Matt Q thanks for the advise I do have my permits. I have a good map and will spend the next couple of nights checking it out. I will let you know how the fishing goes.
regards Lennie

robbie
28-09-2002, 10:31 PM
great tip! Thanks heaps.

I wonder if I could bother you though for a detail or two?

Is there a gate set up at Hinze dam? and if so what time do they shut it? And, the spots you listed here, I gather would be outside of any gates would they not? As they seem to be major roads to some extent that you're reffering to.

Any help on this would be great.

thanks heaps

rob