PDA

View Full Version : eels - are yum

Andrew
29-12-2001, 11:39 AM
A workmate told me that, after nailing them up, you need to skin eels from the tail to the head, and not the other way around, as this removes more of the fat. Then boil in vinegar before cooking. And they are delicious. I can't wait.

Has anyone got any recipes? Not the boot one, ta.

Andrew

William_Lee
29-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Andrew, I tried eel for the first time yesterday morning and it was delicious. A mate and I went down the creek for a fish and I forgot to have breakfast. After fishing for four hours my mate finally hooked something, a dirty eel on his lure. We had a bit of a camp fire happening and being the dick he is decided to place the eel on the fire ::).

After an hour the eel started to smell like chicken. He told me he would pay me $5 to eat a chunk of flesh. So, I started to peel the tough charcoaled skin off. Finally I got down to the beautiful white flesh and had me a feast. My mate still hasn't payed up though >:(.

Cheers,

Will

fisho
29-12-2001, 04:01 PM
I remember eating the odd eel as a child while camping overnight with friends at the local river bend. We just chucked them into a campfire with low heat and picked at the very palatable flesh when cooked.
If you're not into eating them small ones make prime river whaler bait -LIVE! ;)

forha
06-10-2002, 09:47 AM
We catch eels all the time at Lake Purrumbete Western Victoria while trying for the Chinook Salmon. We skin them, cut them into sections, boil them in fresh water with a tablespoon of vinegar for five minutes. allow to cool, roll in plain flour, dip in a beer batter and deep fry until golden brown. DELICOIUS :D :D

gruntahunter
17-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Mate..seasoned cornflake crumbs.. just coat them in these after you have chopped it into bite size chunks then deep fry till golden ..absolutely scrumpicious