PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for reddies

Sam_H
24-11-2002, 05:28 PM
How showld I go after reddies using lures. What colours, depths etc.

Matty
25-11-2002, 06:36 PM
G'day,
The prefered method I use when targeting reddies with lures is to use bladed spinners such as Celtas in red/gold/black or green/gold/black colours, I usually use a size 1 celta, but redfin will take anything that fits in its mouth so dont worry about using bigger lures. But any spinner with red or green on them combined with a light spinning rod and about 2-4lb line should do the job and give you abit of fun. I found that evening is the best for redfin especially when it has been hot during the day. Just simply walk around the river/lake till you find a area thats looks like it could hold fish and have a few casts. I usually vary my retrieval speeds this way it allows the lure to work different depths. Once you have hooked a reddie stay in the area as I have found that where there is 1 redfin there has nearly always been others. Hope this helps and if your at the right location at the right time you should be pulling out reddies on every cast. Good luck.

Cheers,
Matty

Sam_H
28-11-2002, 06:48 PM
G'day Matty
Thanks for the advice, has worked well around the lake. Caught a couple on some 8lb fireline, which is thinner than mono line.

Thanks Again
Sam