PDA

View Full Version : Severn River

bazzz
20-11-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm heading up to the Severn river near Tenterfield NSW early next year, wondering what lures I should use for Murray Cod and how the water levels are in the river. The lures need to be a minimum size of 100mm.Deep divers or surface lures?

Thanks Bazz

swano
25-11-2002, 03:28 AM
bazzz , went to 'PINDARI DAM' with big george years ago,severn river runs into it. we only saw one cod caught on lures , a deep diving manns i think, the fish was approx 25lbs. lot of red fin. mate take a mix of surface shallow and deep, oargees are a great lure for mine, but there are some other great cod lures around as well (to many to name) if the cicadas are buzzing definitely throw some surface lures (skidderpops, jitterbugs and the like ) sounds like a great trip are you walking the banks or taking a canoe ??? ???

scott_b
26-11-2002, 05:35 PM
If you are going to Tenterfield , get a couple Tenterfield Darts , they are bloody good on cod and yella's.
Also try downunders,mudeyes,hard at it lures.Mudeye surface lures work reel good. Good luck
wamjam

bazzz
29-11-2002, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to a place called Jarmangie, where its strictly catch and release. I've got a few stumpjumpers and Codseeker lures but I will definately drop into Tenterfield and pick up a few of the local product.I thought about taking the kayaks but I'll probably just walk the banks. I just hope there's enough water in the river.

Bazzz