PDA

View Full Version : leslie dam

thunderplums
28-12-2002, 04:27 PM
I am fishing leslie a bit lately and wondering what sort of soft plastics work best and how to fish them. I have 3 inch sliders in assorted colours. I haven't had that much to do with plastics really. Only success on live shrimp. Does anyone know any hot spots?
cheers col ;D ::)

Chris_J
28-12-2002, 04:50 PM
G'day Col

Well whenever I have fished lesile I have ethier trolled hard-bodyed lures or throwin spinnerbaits around. . .one thing you could try that could produce good results is fish sliders or shads on 3/8 heads rigged on a beetle spin. . .or just locate a group of fish and just slow roll or hop sliders through them. . .i think the best way to find out what works is just experiment.

Hope this helps a bit.

Oh and another thing if ya can get ya hands on some catch scent of some sort. . .it would be a great idea. . .i have always been fond of Spike-it. ;)

Chris

By the way. . .if you are from out that way. . .have you ever fished Connolly Dam? I would be interested in hearing your expericence if you have.

thunderplums
29-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Sorry, I have never fished connoly dam before. I know some people who have but I can't give you any advise, they ahve never said to much about it. Is there enough water at leslie to launch a boat now? I haven't been there for a month or so. I wonder if this rain has made any differnece to the water level. I am going new years day. Taking some live shrimp and some soft plastics. I will get some catch scent. I will let you know how I go. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers col ::) ;D

Chris_J
29-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Col,

I'm not sure about the water level...it will be fairly low so take care coz lesile has some very nasty underwater surprises :(

Good luck...make sure u let us know how u go...u should do alright...i've heard the have been getting into a few out that way...

Cheers

Chris

thunderplums
03-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Look, anyone interested in fishing leslie dam should consider going somewhere else. It is just a puddle. We managed to catch six fish between three of us, three undersized. Even the biggest fish which was 45cm, was very slugish, no fight at all, and we were using 4lb line. The water is so dirty, you can't see 2 feet into the water. Even shrimp that I had for bait could not survive the dirty water. We aerated them constantly and changed water about every 20 mins, but most were dead within a couple of hours. I cannot believe how low the dam is. It is about 200 metres form the bottom of the ramp to the waters edge. I was going to go again on friday, but I have cancelled my order for bait. There is no way that I would waste any more money. Sorry if I have put anyone off fishing there, but i am just telling it like it is. Good luck to anyone who is willing to try.
Cheers
Colin