PDA

View Full Version : Borumba Dam

J.Cumberland
18-02-2004, 02:55 AM
Heading up to Borumba Dam this Friday, can anyone provide info on how the dam is fishing, areas to fish, water level & clarity etc.
Also is the boat ramp in the water now?

Smithy
18-02-2004, 08:40 AM
JC,

Our club will be there this weekend as well. Just e-mailed Loydd the good oil.

Rob

jeffo
18-02-2004, 10:47 AM
if the weather is no good for outside i will probably head up for a fish this weekend as well. might c you guys there. after all that rain i reckon the ramp will be well and truely in the water (it was before the rain)

Jeremy87
18-02-2004, 02:28 PM
The ramp was underwater a few weeks ago when i went. I'd say say that there would be less floating weed/grass in the water now (when we went there was a fair bit thurther up the creek and along the banks in the main body of water). Get out there as early as possible if you want to catch some toga because it's usually all over by nine or ten in the morning.
Jeremy

jeffo
18-02-2004, 02:31 PM
jeremy, i think smithy will have different opinions about the toga ;)

Fitzy
18-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Plenty of water on the ramp now.
Water is not too bad for clarity considering the recent rains. Does get dirty right up the creeks.
No secrets to any spots, there fish throught the whole lake, just gotta catch em. Alot of drowned grass around the egde, good place to start. Looking very green up there right now.

Early starts are better but not a matter of life & death.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

J.Cumberland
19-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Thanks to every one for the info, looks like early mornings & late afternoons could be the go with the expected high temps.
hopefully might turn the fish on though.

Smithy
23-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Report here.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Reports;action=display;num=10774415 78;start=0

Didn't get much action at dawn or dusk. Mid morning best today but Saturday we had the most action between 2:30 and 4:00.