PDA

View Full Version : FRESHWATER FISHING -ILLAWARRA AREA

bd
06-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi
Have just moved to Southern Highlands and wondered if any of you knew of any good freshwater fishing spots I could try.
Await your answers!
Cheers
bd ;D

goodoo
06-03-2004, 04:14 PM
on the higlands are many good creeks and rivers although small as a kid i used to live around mossvale but heading toward goulbourne the creeks rivers are al prettywell stocked with trout get yourself a copy of fresh water fishing in nsw this book lists alot of water courses around the area and has maps to help find them there are also many others within a couple of hours travel from the highlands to me living in QLD acouple of hours drive would be like a drive to the shops but in your area this will help to find some big trout in very small water unfortunatly most of it is on private property with those on state or commonwealth land makesure you go with someone else incase something happens as there are a lot of sandstone gorges and during the summer months a lot of snakes including tigers i dont wish to put you off i would go back tomorrow but responsibility now holds me here i was born in Crookwell 60ks west of goulburn this area has lots of small water with big trout plus a few lakes [water supplies]some of which are also stocked with natives that do quite well the area you ask about is what i was born to learned to fish in and grew up with it is a good place to be in hope i have been able to help :GOODOO

goodoo
07-03-2004, 11:01 AM
correction:not freshwater fishing in NSW [wrong book] you need A guide to fishing the INLAND ANGLING WATERS of NSW probably find it at Kmart or a local book store sothern highlands has plenty of them :GOODOO

bd
12-03-2004, 03:13 AM
Thanks Goodo
Will find the book you mentioned. Love the area!!
Cheers
bd