PDA

View Full Version : World Sooty Championship Series

DRJ
03-03-2004, 05:39 AM
MAFSA Inc in conjunction with ABT have jointly announced the first round of the World Championship Sooty Series to be held at Eungella Dam on Sunday 18th April 2004.

Round one of the series is being sponsored by Barra Pro Mackay and if the tournament is as successful as anticipated this will be the first in a 3 part series held during 2004 on Mackay’s prolific dams.

The tournament is being run by MAFSA members and features a similar set of rules and pointscoring system to that used by ABT in the bass events.

Have a look at www.mafsa.com for more details.

Regards
Darren

big_george
03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Daran.
Could please PM me some details..
BIG GEORGE ;)

Gorilla_in_Manila
03-03-2004, 11:02 AM
George you lazy sod. ;)

http://www.mafsa.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=9

View All News Items

World Sooty Championship Series Kicks Off - Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 09:20
MAFSA Inc in conjunction with ABT have jointly announced the first round of the sooty series to be held at Eungella Dam on Sunday 18th April 2004.

Round one of the series is being sponsored by Barra Pro Mackay and if the tournament is as successful as anticipated this will be the first in a 3 part series held during 2004 on Mackay’s prolific dams.

The tournament is being run by MAFSA members and features a similar set of rules and pointscoring system to that used by ABT in the bass events.

Tournament director Keith Day confirmed prizes to the value of $1500 will be on offer “ All prizes are in the form of open orders at Noel Matsen’s Barra Pro tackle store in Mackay and the top scoring angler gets a $500 open order and down from there to a $20 Barra Pro order for 10th place.

Nominations forms will shortly be available from Barra Pro Mackay or MAFSA executives or through the MAFSA web site and all entries to the tournament will be pre sold. Nominations will close at midday on Saturday 17th April.

In keeping with MAFSA and ABT’s aims the tournament will be a strictly catch and release event and will feature live weighins at any time from 6:00 am start time to minimise the stress on the fish. Only lure or flycasting will be permitted in the tournament which will be a test of anglers skill and adaptability to the conditions.

Entry fees have been kept as low as possible and are $30-00 plus gst per angler. Full rules will shortly be available from Barra Pro Mackay or MAFSA’s website www.mafsa.com

Gorilla_in_Manila
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Rules:

http://www.mafsa.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=10

They're a bit too long to print out here, so better use the link.
Cheers
Jeff

Fitzy
03-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Good luck to everyone concerned. I think sooties will be as good (if not better) a comp target than the slack jaw perch (bass) to the south.

Imagine any profits will be utilised to further assist MAFSA's stocking program.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

DRJ
04-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Your right Fitzy - any profits will go to the stocking program - we have kept it reasonable so there won't be a lot in it but the objective is for people to find out how good sooty fishing is.

We chose sooties because they tend to be a little easier to catch, in greater numbers, no one else is doing it and they are a hard fighting fish.

Regards
Darren

ps thanks for putting us on the comp calendar and I have asked Keith to give you a call.

Randall
04-03-2004, 06:51 AM
Good luck Darren. I am always amazed with the level of enthusiasm generated in your small group up there. Keep up the great work.

Randall.

andy_thomsen
06-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Hi Darren,

Hows things?

I tried to get onto your site, but it seems to be having problems.
I would like to fish your comp, I just need some details.
It's great to see you guys having a go.

Best of luck.

Neil_c
06-03-2004, 06:36 AM
It's great to see the comp is a goer :) Just as well I'm over here and giving everyone a chance eh ;D

Good luck to everyone [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Neil :)

DRJ
06-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Apologies to all who have attempted to get onto www.mafsa.com (server problems). It should now be up and running (or will be in the next few minutes).

If anyone can't get on and would like more info please send me a PM and I'll get the details to you.

Regards
Darren

ps Andy I'm sending you the material - be good to see at the comp.

Neil I dont think trout count in the comp? ;D ;D

DRJ
16-03-2004, 04:18 PM
The mafsa web site (www.mafsa.com) has been updated and there is now a forum specific to the comp.

Anyone who would like an entry form just send an email to mafsa@mafsa.com requesting one.

Regards
Darren

Paul_C
17-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I have just returned from a gaunt around NQ with my wife, didn't get to fish much, but I did wet a line from the banks at Eungella, and there must be a few Sooty's in that hole as I scored one in a dozen or so casts I had at it. Long drive up a rather dusty dirt road though, but I've got admit not as bad the road into Koombaloomba, pretty dam though (Koombaloomba that is) crystal clear water, but not a lot of it.

Regards
Paul Cade