PDA

View Full Version : MOOGERA DAM

caveman
12-04-2004, 04:25 PM
WENT TO MOOGERA TODAY VIA KILLARNEY NICE DRIVE ANYWAY,I WENT DOWN BELOW THE WALL & I FLICKED LURES LEFT RIGHT & CENTER NOT EVEN A TOUCH BUT THERE WAS FISH JUMPING EVERWHERE ALSO I COULD SEE ONE FISH THAT I CAST AT NO INTEREST AT ALL, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT SOUGHT OF FISH LIVE IN THE RIVER BELOW THE WALL

CHEERS GARY

rattler
13-04-2004, 10:21 AM
hi caveman moogerah is my local dam i live at kalbar the fish below the wall are bonys there was bass & yellas but i think they have all been caught they went over the spillway in 91 plenty of ski boats in the dam suppose to be a limit of 10 at a time went for a look friday 17 skiboats going aroud & yesterday about 15 didn,t worry about fishing it would be like being in washing machine ??? :-X CHEERS RATTLER

Remo
13-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Rattler is there enough water in it now for speed boats. I thought it was still at 12 % full. I supprised that they don't run into each other.
I might have to head up and have a look. Might do it this coming weekend.

rattler
13-04-2004, 02:58 PM
yeh they let ski boats on at 10% capacity at the moment it is 10.8% & a 10 ski boat limit at one time RATTLER

Fitzy
13-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Yanks call the ski boats & jetskis "lake lice". Not a bad term actually.

The fish below the wall could also be spangled perch. Recon there's gotta be a few bass left in that gorge. Looks nice down there ATM.

Fitzy..
http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/gallery/images/ReynoldsCk.jpg

caveman
14-04-2004, 05:02 PM
any of you fellas know of another spot i can try i prefer rivers or creeks
even if it means tagging along with you am willing to return the favour by taking on a cod trip

cheeers gary

Fitzy
14-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Gary,
You'd seriously be amazed where you'll find fish. A good place to start looking is below any stocked lake that's gone over in the past decade. Just be aware of closed waters.
Have you got access to a kayak or canoe?
Went for a paddle in the Albert River (Beenleigh) on Friday to test drive a Zambezi inflatable canoe. Got a couple of bass within casting distance of the bridge I started at. I get a giggle when people soo you doing that under their noses & they almost choke when you let them go. These canoes are a bloody good fishing platform BTW. I was quite surprised.
Just gotta throw caution to the wind & go exploring mate.
Pic here is of the smallest one caught.
http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/images/AlbertBass.jpg

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Randall
15-04-2004, 07:05 AM
I have it on good autority that the larger ones were photographed with a camera that had no film!!!

Good one Fitz. ;D

Randall.

caveman
15-04-2004, 04:13 PM
the biggest prob is i don't get the time to explore to much

Fitzy
15-04-2004, 07:37 PM
I have it on good autority that the larger ones were photographed with a camera that had no film!!!

Good one Fitz. ;D

Randall.
Sssshhhhh!!! Yes it ws my fault, no I dont have any excuses. Doh!

fitz