PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Borumba lately???

jimbamb
04-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Has anyone been to Borumba dam lately??Was thinking of going and was wondering if it would be worth while.

Fitzy
04-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Aint heard much after a few small scale fish kills there in the past couple of months.

Still its always a pretty spot & bass/toga aren't that bright a fish. I just wouldn't be counting on any surface action ATM.

fitzy..

Sniper
05-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Just come back from there this morning but didn't even put the boat in the water. Blowing a friggin gale up there so turned around and came home. Still plenty of water in thereee. Waters just under the spillway still. First time I've ever seen it so full. Pity the rest of the dams in SEQ weren't in the same shape. Just need a good wet soon otherwise we'll be in a bit of trouble.
Bill

woolybugger
05-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Went fishing there on Saturday gone and what a day! The water level there is 100% full capacity and is right at the top of the boat ramp. Which in turn has opened up alot more fishing grounds as the water level is now passed the tree level, however saying that has spread the Toga's out more. I spent all day there fly and lure fishing, however only got a few takes with no fish. After talking to most fisherman there, only one catfish caught. Right up the left arm we saw heaps of Toga's break the surface, but only a few strikes with no fish. The weather and moon were perfect and used every fly and lure in all colours, so put it down to the time of year and possibly the water level.

jimbamb
06-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanx for the replys fellas.Might just go for a day out.Been there a couple of times before,sure is better than lookin at the walls I guess Ill never know if i don't go
Thanx again