PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on Cooby and Leslie Dams

Trido
03-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Hi. I have recently got back into fishing. Unfortunately, I don't know many people with up to date experience in fresh water fishing at Cooby and Leslie Dams. Can anyone tell me what time is best to fish, bait, maybe locations or what to look out for, or anything else that may be of assistance?

Thanks in advance.

ANYFISH
03-10-2004, 04:56 AM
gday mate
the best time to fish cooby or leslie is late afternoon.
live shrimp is the best bait at either dam.
if you have got a boat out at leslie you can troll lures along the creek beds. this usually snags a few yellas at this time of year

hope this helps anyfish

Trido
03-10-2004, 11:46 AM
the best time to fish cooby or leslie is late afternoon.

How late in the afternoon? 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, some other time?

Thanks.

ANYFISH
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
about 2 hours before dark to about half an hour after dark.

zedjack33
05-10-2004, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure but I think they still shut the gates at a certian time don't they?
Anyway Trido. If you have a boat I used to go up the north arm of Cooby on the lefthand side about 20 yards before the bouy line on the second bouy out #:-/ Does that make sense :-/ Yellows go off there in summer etc on lures. I mainly fished there with hard bodies but I alot of guys did well in spinners. If you dont have a boat t urn left when you g et through the gate turn around at the dead end and park. Walk (I cant quit remember) around 3 bays there is park bench a nd bin. There is a steep rock wall there and I have previousely done very well there. Even if you do have a boat it is still worth checking out this area with some deeeeeeep divers and jigs as there is very good cod around. Even off the bank but the larger you will struggle with the larger ones as the bank is bloody steep #[smiley=shocked2.gif]

I hope this helps a bit.
Cheers zedjack33

PS directly across from the boat ramp on the right hand side of the north arm is also good cover and cod country #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]