PDA

View Full Version : borumba guides\charters

bobby777888
23-10-2004, 02:33 PM
MY names bobby and me and my dad catch alot of fish for our pool, which is now a fishtank. I was wondering if anydbody knew of any guides\charters in borumba dam as we are really really lazy. any help would be really appreciated.

bobby

Fitzy
23-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Have a look here for sweetwater guides/charters.

http://sweetwaterfishing.com.au/guides.htm

Fitzy..

Kilkenny
24-10-2004, 01:32 AM
Is it not Ilegal to transport live native species without a permit from Fusheries.....Please leave the Togas in there
Kilkenny

Jeremy87
24-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Maybe, its definatly illegal to put them in a dam or swimming pool if (a) they are not recognised as a local species and (b) you have moved the fish from a different drainage basin. Swimming pools are still classed as a pool when they have fish in them and require proper coucil approved fencing unlike dams if the fish was removed and put in a tank it is more likely to be legal due to the tank not draining off into local river systems. Until recently my pool had a variety of fresh water fish in it (until an algal bloom killed them all) and this was the information given to me by the local authorities an experts on this matter.
Jeremy

Fitzy
24-10-2004, 06:42 PM
In Qld You can catch a wild fish (if legal size etc) & put in a tank or pond at your home no matter if the fish is allowed in that catchment or not. A dam is a different story, you can only release a fish that is permitted within that catchment. Refer to DPI&F for full details.
The difficult part of this is telling the difference between a pnod & a dam. Nobody seems to know.

It should also remember that if you DO bring a saratoga home to put in a tank or pond it is deemed to still be in your possession & therefore you CANNOT take any more of them. Saratoga bag limit in Qld is a combined both species total of 1, minimum size of 50cm.

Hope that helps clarify things better.

Fitzy..