PDA

View Full Version : What's happening at Maroon

Sergio_kutz
29-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, i'm heading to Maroon on saturday for our church camp. They'll be doing some water skiing but i was wondering if anyone wanted to give a few spots to try with some sp's and spinner baits. pm me if not comfortable with putting em up on the site. Thanks guys

Tight Lines, Sergio

codcatcha
30-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Gday mate hope U did well. But let me tell u that I think a lot more ppl would have offered advise if you hadnt used language like "water Skiing". Next time if U want advice dont mention "water sking" and maybe fishermem will be more obliging

tonyp
30-11-2004, 04:21 AM
You might want to check and see if you are going to MAROON DAM, dont think Skiing is permitted on Moogerah dam at this present low water level. And the church has something to do with Maroon not Moogerah. Just a thought.

Sergio_kutz
30-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Ahhhh, thanks guys. Mabye it was maroon dam, i don't exactly remember too well. I'm sure they'll only be doing legal activities so mabye it was maroon dam.

codcatcha: i think that you should accept that people want to use dams for other activities like water sking and other things. As long as they don't disrupt you then i don't see a problem. It's not all about us and if people who fish are bitter about then they should work it out somehow and not be quite so bitter about it. Me and some guys are just going to be walking along the banks fishing while others go nuts out on a boat. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Tight lines

Paul_C
30-11-2004, 12:49 PM
i think that you should accept that people want to use dams for other activities like water sking and other things. As long as they don't disrupt you then i don't see a problem. It's not all about us and if people who fish are bitter about then they should work it out somehow and not be quite so bitter about it. Me and some guys are just going to be walking along the banks fishing while others go nuts out on a boat. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Sergio,

It's the while others go nuts out on a boat. that's the problem, it is fine for you strolling around the bank, it's not fine for people fishing from boats, to have some brainless twit, roaring aroud your boat or between you and the bank when there is plenty of open water elswhere in the dam, well away from those who aren't interested in how fast, loud or how much wake others can make.

That's my point of view and probably 99% of the people in here's view as well, it's the main reason I refer to Skiers and in particular Jet Skiers as Brain Dead Morons because unfortunately they seem to be the majority and not the minority.

Paul Cade

macca
30-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Nice words Paul

Couldn't agree with you more.

I fish Maroon alot and this dam is a great little bass fishery, it's a shame that every time you fish there you have to put up with sometimes up to thirty skiing morons on this small dam.

Macca

Sergio_kutz
30-11-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm quite sure that these people being church people will be quite respectful of others as i know the guy that will be driving the boat and he doesn't mind a bit of a fish himself. I didn't mean for this thread to become an arguement but it seems that it has. Sorry about that. Guess i'll be working hard to find anything to catch if no one offers any advice.

Tight Lines, Sergio

aussiebasser
30-11-2004, 05:48 PM
If you're walking along the bank fishing, try some surface poppers just before dark. If you're skiing, try a different dam, or at least show some respect for fishermen, and obey the laws. Maroon was a good dam when Moogerah was full. The Maroon skiers were much more responsible. Now that Moogerah is empty, the twits have hit Maroon. I can remember a few years ago an idiot towing a skier through the start line-up of an ABT comp. He went through just as the start gun went off, bloody dangerous and irresponsible.
There are plenty of undersize Bass at Maroon, so be responsible and release them gently.

Remo
30-11-2004, 06:43 PM
The best thing I have ever seen was a skier collect a tree at moogerah. I couldn't hold back my delight.

If he wanted to ski through the trees he got his wish! literally

codcatcha
01-12-2004, 01:16 AM
The only way Ive managed to stop the MORONS is to cast lures, with at least 2 trebles, 3 trebles if I have them, and when they come within casting range when there is miles of free water, well lets says they usually dont deliberatly come that close again. Its a fact that the Morons deliberatly try to piss the fishermen off what other reason is there for such behaviour and if not all Skiing Morons are like that then why do all fishermen have that opinion of them.
HAPPY CASTING GUYS