PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Cressbrook lately?

woody74
13-01-2005, 04:41 PM
HI, mate is going to take his boat out for a run{and a fish ;D} and was wondering how the dam was fishing. Hopefully might have a spare seat, so I can scab a fish. Baisically what bait's are good, lures ect . Ow yer and spots. He has never fished the dam before, so any help would be great. Probably won't be for a couple of weeks, depends on how much sucking up I can do ;). CHEERS woody.

Codswallop
14-01-2005, 02:56 AM
G'Day Woody

Fished Cressbrook 8/1/05. Weather was mediocre, as it was quite windy for most of the day. Not as many fish lingering mid water in the deep, but quite a lot of activity in the shallows (15 to 20 ft). Did not use bait for the day, and predominantly used sliders and Jackalls. Dropped a couple of good fish at the boat, (on Jackalls), due to laziness on my behalf.

Fished 2 sessions: 6am to 2pm, then 4pm to 6pm. Fish activity was better in the latter session. All in all, had a good trip, without breakin' any bass weight records! You can find a very good map of the dam on Fitzy's site. Good luck,

Codswallop 8)

murrayscod
16-01-2005, 06:34 PM
i went there today along with half of the bass pro competitors and half of brisbane and gold/sunny coast ::) anyway finding a bank or spot free from fisherman was difficult along with the constant wind. only managed a handfull of bass, yella and spangles. and yes i was annoyed that i lost my last jackal as it wouldve come in handy today. other guys out there were doing it as tough and only got a couple on jackalls. ours were mainly on suspenders. so my best guess is to keep away from there on the weekends if possible as it seems like the word has got out about the ramp being open again..