PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Dam

woolybugger
14-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi all,

I have two weeks off next week to do alittle fishing and am thinking about bitting the bullet and try Somerset again. I went there a few years ago and found to be a hard lake to fish, however am willing to give it another go.

I mostly enjoy fly fishing, casting lures and jigging soft plastics, the more active type of fishing and not trolling. So therefor am asking for advice on locations and techniques on how to successfully fish this lake everyone raves on about.

Any advice is good advice, so tight lines and good fishing to you all...

drdonjuan9
15-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi Wooly,
I feel the same about this big lake so any advice would be greatly appreciated as well by myself.....

Cheers Guys,
???

Codswallop
15-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Wooly/drdonjuan9

Have experienced similar difficulties in the past, however, received some invaluable advice during Kirkleigh Klassic last year. Several of the local fishermen were very helpful in discussing deep-water bassin' techniques, etc. Could I suggest to you both:
1. PM Fitzy - has a better understanding of the dam, and can advise you accordingly.
2. Obtain the map of Somerset from Fitzy's site. Will give you a fair indication of what can be found where.

Hope this helps you out Fellas. Cheers,

Codswallop 8)

Dexterity
19-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Wollybugger,

Check the "Sharing The Somerset Experience" Post.

Dx