PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cania

woolybugger
04-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Hi all,

Went to Lake Cania for three days last week and what a trip. The odds were against us, low barometer, rain, strong winds, cloudy and sometimes went quite cold. However left with a big bag of over 40 Bass between the two of us. At one stage A school of Bass surfaces and I personaly got 20 Bass out of it within two or three hours.

Every Bass did not go under 40 cm, they ranged between 40-46 cm. A couple of Saratogas were caught with many lost.

Most caught on fly, however went to all methods. Lake Cania is a fantastic lake with all types of structure and fishing available.

Tight LInes...

woolybugger
04-02-2005, 04:38 AM
And another

woolybugger
04-02-2005, 04:39 AM
And another

woolybugger
04-02-2005, 04:40 AM
And another

woolybugger
04-02-2005, 04:41 AM
And another

bobby777888
04-02-2005, 03:43 PM
congratuations mate, what did you use to get the togas?

bobby

woolybugger
05-02-2005, 04:36 AM
6 wt fly rod loaded up with intermediate line, 10ld leader. We used various flies up there from bass vampires, white decievers and a concoction of a very small squiggy (brown or purple) with alittle hackle.

Also lost a beauty on a rattle trap (gold with black stripes) At one stage I had the fly in the water (not fishing) whilst doing something in the boat and I got one on, which came off. So my mate and I were laughing, and whilst laughing the fly was still in the water in another area minding its own business, and hooked up with another one. I have been known as a jammy ba#$tard sometimes, but this was just JAMMY to the max.

Any other info, just chuck me an email.

Tight Lines...

Julie_J
05-02-2005, 06:00 AM
What a trip! #Congratulations Woollybugger.

Sometimes the fish don't read the almanac, do they? ;D #Hubby & I visited Cania last October & loved the place. #The bass were obliging, the dam itself is beautiful & the cabin park is a work of art.

We missed out on the 'togas because of breeding season or something, but we'll be trying them on fly next trip.

Thanks for the info,

Julie