PDA

View Full Version : fireline

breamking
07-02-2005, 03:04 PM
>:( >:( I have been using 8lb fireline with 14lb vanish for a leader on my spinning outfit for bass and yellas and the fireline has been breaking at the knot and slipping thru the leader knot for the last 4 weeks.Can fireline be faulty?I have used the albright knot the same as my mate and he has no problems at all.I have also tried the uni knot both with no success at all.Please help ??? ??? ??? ???

Jeremy87
07-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Retie your leader knot periodically. #The back of your vanish box should show you how to tie the uni to uni correctly. Doubling the braid increases the grip. #Is your friend using mono or braid. #Braid tends to be more difficult to tie knots with #because of its properties (low stretch, thin diameter)

gunna
08-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Breamking - change over to the Stren knot. Its the absolute ants pants for braid/mono connection.

http://www.stren.com/knot11.htm

peterreb
09-02-2005, 05:18 AM
change over to the Stren knot
I can vouch for that,since I've started using the stren Knot,I haven't had one failure with the leader.It's that good, when I'm snagged up the knot at the hook,"Palomar Knot", always fails.
Cheers Peter

Gutsy
09-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Agree, I use this knot and when you snag up it is strong. Ensure you do 8 turns with the fireline otherwise it will cut the mono.

gunna
09-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I do 10 turns of the Fireline & 5 of the mono. Thats fishing 6lb Fireline to 6lb Nitlon leader. I have yet to have a knot fail. All snag break-offs are now at the jighead. Its a bloody ripper knot. I use the same one for the heavier lines when I troll outside with good results also.