PDA

View Full Version : Condamine Trip

Commodore
16-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Wasn’t sure to post here or in general camping as this trip has both, thought it would be of interest to fellow freshwater Ausfihers. Will be heading out to Condamine River (near the town of Condamine) in about 3 weeks for a long weekend. :D I’ve just had a week up at the reef, so didn’t think I would go this year but then Mrs Chong informs me that the M.I.L. is coming to stay for 5 weeks…… :o :o :( ::) :-X :-X….leave pass was granted on the immediate breaking of this news to me so this trip is on. ;) :D
We have got a great spot on private property which I have been going to since I was about 6yrs old. Good water and camp sites, fishing can be hit and miss but there is nothing quite like a trip to the bush. ;) We normally get a taste of yella’s and the odd good cod. Local reports sound encouraging and river has had some fresh, so the owner tells me, maybe some water released from the weir?
Put a few pics up of the camp and river, one of the other boys has the pics of the fish from recent times. Just looking at the pics… :) :)…its good for the sole….. :P ;)
Cheers,
Matt

Commodore
16-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Breakfast time

:) :)

Commodore
16-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Bars open, whats that, rain ::) :o

scotty
16-09-2005, 06:27 PM
looks like a real nice place youve got there chong good luck on trip

scotty

McCod
17-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Yeah.... Chong i envy ya .... #is good to get away from it all and those photos bring back old memories as we used to fish the lower Condamine a lot once... Have not been out that way for afew years now. Will be gone at the drop of a hat if i get word that it has a bit of clarity..... 1 foot would do as the old Cod and yellas go off big time if it clears in spring. last time i fished that area with some water clarity the fishing was great and it was the norm to get cricket score catches of Cod and yellas with some thumping Cod up to 70 lb being caught on lures... but sadly a fair few of the big ones foud there way to the freezers. Must be near 8 or 9 years sence that section has cleared up. Can remember when it took only a few weeks to clear after a flood.... are well them days are gone.... Best of luck with the trip [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cheers Les

Commodore
17-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Thanks, Scotty

Yeh Les,
couple years ago we went out around x-mas time and had good run and clear water, fishing was great, but mostly dirty water these days. Years ago it was good, like you said some good catches and big cod, It was about the same time or a bit after they had a good flood and saw a couple of big (est. 60lbs +) cod that drowned during the flood , washed up under the bridge, very sad. :'( :'(
We are a bit lucky in this spot as the owner doesn’t let a lot of people on the property, so we try to let the big cod go and grow. Over the last few years the numbers have increased and in size, ;) love to catch them, but never had much luck on lures, caught 90% of cod and yella’s on worms and yabbies or the odd scorched bird. ;)
I’ll let you know how we go.
Cheers,
Matt