PDA

View Full Version : Callide Dam

Awoonga
11-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Dave and l where of to Monduran today but saw the Photo of that.. great fish out of Callide...So diffrent day Diffrent Dam ...Dont think we picked the best of days Cold showers and windy..Not a touch....And the water is real low...Not good...See what tomorrow brings...Might try Monduran ??

DNO40
12-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Wish my weekends were four days long !

DNO

Kingo
13-09-2005, 05:13 AM
Awoonga,the barra ae just comin on now,mainly from the shallows where the water temp is up.Havn't been out myself since it's warmed but the reports are startin to come in,another couple of weeks and they will be attacking anything that moves.Cheers-Kingo.

Awoonga
13-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Kingo...Gee its just a mud puddle over there... Need some water real bad.......A few people fishing in the old quarry and from the banks......Do you know who owns the Skeeter boat ? ...that was on the water...Nice...Boat...

Smithy
13-09-2005, 08:20 AM
What Skeeter? There are a few getting around at the moment. Most are black but if it was white it may have been Adrian Kampfs. At the other end of the spectrum, Motty's is the black/red 19'er with a 175 Merc Poptimax.

Awoonga
13-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Smithy... this guy comes from Bilo....So the story goes :-/ :-/

McCod
13-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah...talking of water levels... its a Good thing that Awoonga Dam is keeping it topped up... or it would probably be empty now or close to it.

Kingo
13-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeh mate that's the problem,while they've been doing the extension to the pipeline to bring the outlet closer to the dam I don't think thet've been pumpin.Hopefully we'll get a bit of summer wet to bring it up a bit,I havn't seen it full since '91.Cheers-Kingo.

gwydir
16-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Kingo - sounds like you know the place all well. With the low water level at the moment is there anywhere to put a boat in with only a Bommodore ute??? just thought there might be a bit much mud and soft ground around for a 2wd.

Haven't been to the dam before.

Awoonga
16-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Mate not a problem to put that boat in...Just use the old ramp area... Just go past the houses..Road is a bit stony and rough...just take it easy...Saw plenty of cars on Sunday putting there boats in...

Kingo
19-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeh mate go past the houses onto the dirt and keep going till you see the ramp sign on the left,just be carefull in the dam there's some banks and snags startin to show themselves and some that are there but not showin.Cheers-Kingo

gwydir
19-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks mate.
All info about lurking banks and snags helps extend the life of my prop and thus keeps the Minister for Finance off my back for a while longer.