PDA

View Full Version : Monduran Sunday

darryl_l
19-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Did a quick last minute trip to Monduran on Sunday as the wind had dropped a little more than expected. Arrived at the ramp 11.30am and tried my normal haunts first water temp was only 21.5 - 22 degrees and saw no fish so started working my way up the dam in search of warmer water.

Reached White Rock before we found water over 23 degrees so starrted working the banks around there. Raised one fish only to have the bib broken off my lure :'(.

Worked the banks for another hour without sucess and headed home...

4hr on the water one fish raised and dropped oh well thats fishing I suppose.

Darryl L

still_water
19-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi Daryl L,
We done a trip up there on Sunday and found water into the 24deg away from all the traffic, we lost 3 in all and rolled another 8, the other boat travelling with us boated 4 lost 3 on the jump and I can't remember how many they rolled beside the boat. Everyone is finding it hard the past week with the holidays in full swing but if you can find a warm pocket to yourself you should be on the money. We have been running lures from Pristine Lures in the Glow in the Dark , Silver Bullet and Beetle Green colours , at the moment these have been working well for us since August. Good Luck for the Season. ;)
Regards
Brett J

darryl_l
19-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Brett we passed you as you were (I assume) heading home and we were heading to white rock. I did notice that it was hard to get away from the traffic as everywhere we went there was a boat coming or going normally at break neck speed (always good to see >:( >:().

I believe the Saltys team also did reasonably well. Just wasn't my day :(

Darryl L

pegasus
19-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Hi Darryl, dont worry mate ,we must be tarred with the same brush :)- went up saturday and poked out in the afternoon. trying the shelterted spots -no luck- gave it a bash on Sunday till mid afternoon-tried white rocks and further up- my sounder only reads farienhiet - I could nt find anywhere higher than 73 F at the highest - using b52 s /mars/and some from that tropic series- but no results. went up as far as the J marker.

Great place-Still enjoyed the place- fish or no fish.

best regards,
lew

elephrez1
19-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Unlucky dude,

some days are just like that but still we continue to go fishing.

still_water
19-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Guys,
If you hear of a spot where they have caught a few, just remember that 40 other camps have also heard and been there and flogged it, in saying that you may still luck one there. Keep trying to find a hiddend spot , I can tell you that this is not to hard to do. Another trick is to not look like you know what you are doing ;D as every one will follow you all day, this is something I have to put up with every time I head up >:(. but once I get amongst the tough stuff it is not to hard to shake the fleas then. ;D.
If you have a GPS head right up the top and look in some creeks and pockets up there you may just get lucky.
Brett.

pegasus
19-09-2005, 08:31 PM
elephrez- you bet :)

Brett-thanks for those tips