PDA

View Full Version : great arvo session at maroon

warrior
26-09-2005, 06:16 PM
decided on a sper of the moment fish out at maroon yesterday afternoon.arrived about three and planned an edge fish before the sun went,then some surface lure action ,first half hour nothing then they came on,two hours later 33 fish only two under size ,biggest 410 with another 6 in the late thirties.jackals were the prime edge lure with kokoda cicadas the surface lure.great session all 3 hours of it.

macca
26-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Warrior

I was so close to going there myself yesterday. Damn, sounds like I missed out!

Maybe worth a trip up there then, fished Wivenhoe Saturday to watch my mate catch a 48cm bass and me nothing but catfish.

Well done warrior.

Macca

warrior
26-09-2005, 08:27 PM
macca you did miss a good sessin but the dam produces regularly so next trip will be yours.

elephrez1
26-09-2005, 08:37 PM
What a great session I take it you were flicking out of the boat.

What colour jacket? I use ayu but no luck.

If you do not mind where were you fish in the dam?

cheers elephrez 1 ;)

BlitzBaga
27-09-2005, 12:13 AM
I was also deciding on what dam I should fish and ended up at Somerset yesterday morning, we only caught rats.

Muz

warrior
27-09-2005, 03:01 PM
elephrez used chameleon colored jackal ,in a stop start retreive the strikes were very aggressive,we have also changed all of our hooks to triple grips,this has changed the hookup rate considerably,if you go back try down the right hand side of the dam looking away from the ramp,work your way around all the down to the timbers cheers allan.

elephrez1
27-09-2005, 04:56 PM
THANKS WARRIOR,WILL TRY. ;)

Elysium
27-09-2005, 05:02 PM
another spot that always produces for me at Maroon is the section of bank between the island and the ski club ramp.