PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to El Questro (Emma Gorge) WA???

Yakkasalive
27-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm about to leave for a month or 2 to work at El Questro in WA (where all the stars stay)- at Emma Gorge- apparently we can use their boats to go hunting barra, so that would be S*$T hot- anyone been there??? Going to Darwin for my weeks off (any info on Darwin would be good too) :D

CQ_Fisher
27-09-2005, 01:27 PM
half ya luck, mate. I've seen that place on TV shows before and it looks awesome. Good luck

JD

Yakkasalive
27-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Cheers JD- I just looked at the website- it does look awesome- and plenty of Barra ;)

beatle
27-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Yakkasalive- went there in 2003 . Was very dissapointed with the place. Very expensive , almost $100 for a carton of beer. Rich and famous stay in the homstead the rest stay in cabins at the camp grounds and you are not ollowed within k's of the homestead. Fishing is nil unless you have mega bucks to fly to a waterhole in their chopper. We hired their crappy old boats with Minn Kotas and fished the gorges for two days and caught nothing. Emma Gorge is 20k's up the road and has some nice scenery you stay in five star tents with no air con.-hot. Zebedee Springs is nearby,very nice little creek to lye in but you must be out and away before the rich and famous arrive.Don't believe what you see on T.V. or tourist mags. Good luck.

Yakkasalive
29-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks Beatle- that sounds encouraging... bet I can get a Barra, I'll send you the pics personally when I get back... (if i can't at least I'll be earning sh*t loads and can catch something decent in Darwin)

oh well, less than 2 hours till I'm off from Brissie

Later guys... ;D

beatle
29-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Yakasalive, I've painted a fairly grim picture for you, but we went up there as dumb tourists as you will be working up there you will find some great places tourists will never see. We also went there in October which is at the end of the season and it is probably not the best time to go. Cunnanurra is the next place up the road, it is on the Ord river and it is fantastic. Darwin is my favourite place in Aust. and the fishing around there is unbelievable.-You will have a great time and I will be waiting for that Barra pic.