PDA

View Full Version : Monduran vs Awoonga

still_water
04-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Trev and Dave had come down from Awoonga to Monduran for a casual day out which soon turned into a personal competition. I had decided to take the boys for a run to a new spot I had not fished before and within a couple of casts the first Barra for me of around 85cm was on board , then it started , not to be out done Trev was next then dave topped of with a nice 105cm 23kg specimen .
In all 18 fish were tangled with and only 7 boated. It was the best idea for dave to have a double leader as there was only 1 strand just holding in as the Barra had done more turns around the trees than a ride at the show , a well deserved catch.
Dave took out the Gold medal for his 2 Barra 105cm and 85cm + 3 lost
Myself I gave the Silver medal for my 3 of 40cm, 85cm and 84cm + 3 lost and a Cattamundi
Well for Trev we gave him the Wooden Spoon for his 2 of 40cm and 85cm and I lost count but would of been at least 10 Cattamundi's and that's being kind.
One area we must of seen at least 15 Barra rolling one after another they were every where and ready to chew.
If you need more info contact Trev as he has all the tricks up his sleeve.
Well done boys.

SULLY73
04-11-2005, 09:59 PM
BRETT, U DIDN'T MENTION IF THERE WAS AS MUCH TREE CLEARING GOING ON THIS TIME.SOME OF THE LURES MUST HAVE HIT THE WATER FOR THOSE QUALITY FISH TO BE BOATED. 2 FISH & 10 CATTAMUNDI'S,THAT MAKES MINUS 8, TREVOR PLEASE EXPLAIN?

still_water
05-11-2005, 05:51 AM
Brad , Trev did have his glasses on most of the time and only put a few hundred into the trees. One thing I have noticed is that Monduran Angler's seem to be a bit more acurate when casting around timber ;) , must be due to the lack of trolling we do #;D.
I must say though that I could not deduct to many points from trev due to the amount of fish we saw and connected to and some of his Cattamundi's were getting on the large side but for arguments sake I will place a photo of trev with his prize winners.

still_water
05-11-2005, 05:55 AM
;D

SULLY73
05-11-2005, 06:40 AM
THAT'S QUALITY CATTAMUNDI.GOOD TO SEE HIM USE THE CATTAMUNDI COMFORT LIFT FOR THE PHOTO.LUCKY WE USE WIPPER SNIPPER CORD FOR LEADERS. ;D WHEN IS THE RETURN MATCH GOING TO HAPPEN?U HAVE TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE ON HOME TURF.

still_water
05-11-2005, 07:49 AM
I will be heading up to Trevs Gods Country in a week or two depending on charters this end as we are getting fairly booked out again. It's been great to have a few days off to have a play with the boys.
I don't know how I will handle a fight in the middle of Awoonga with no trees around I will feel lost.